What's new

Zelda bundle confirmed (1 Viewer)

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
http://www.evilavatar.com/modules.ph...rder=0&thold=0

The deal starts on November 17; MSRP is the same ($99.99). You can get it separately by either a) registering your GC system and two eligible games (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario Party 5, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and 1080: Avalanche) or b) subscribing to Nintendo Power.

Looks like I'll be taking out another subscription........

Phil Levy

Stunt Coordinator
Mario Kart: DD and M&L Superstar for me, you couldnt pay me to let Nintendo deliver NP to my door. That, or I'll just buy it at Future Shop like I've done with every other bonus disc that isn't supposed to be sold (fear this one might be inside the GC boxes though)...

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
What exactly does registering your Gamecube entail? I've got 2 GCs, a normal Japanese Cube which I've modded, and a Panasonic Q. If I need a serial number off of those, I'm probably screwed. And I'm not too eager to subscribe to Nintendo Power.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Is this coming to the cube as well?
No, but Miyamoto's mentioned that some kind of Paper Mario game (either a remake of the N64 version or a new game in the same vein) will be coming to the GC eventually. It hasn't been announced yet though.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
That, or I'll just buy it at Future Shop like I've done with every other bonus disc that isn't supposed to be sold (fear this one might be inside the GC boxes though)...
Bingo! It's packed in according to the pic that IGN has up. I realize Nintendo needs to prop up Nintendo Power, but they couldn't throw their loyalists a bone and sell this one straight up?

I have zero interest in the games that would make one eligible, so it looks like I'll also be asking for a NP gift sub for Christmas.

Lee M T

Second Unit
It's truey rediculous the way this is setup. More than likely, if you're a true Zelda fan, you would already have a GameCube by now. So, for the most part, the people who don't have a GC are not quite into Zelda like us die hards, but yet they can get the bonus disc all easy. But no, for the people who have bought GC, stuck with Nintendo through the years, eat, drink, and breath Zelda, we have to go through all sorts of rigamaroo to get our copy. I will be getting Mario Kart, but none of those other games will be in my collection. So I guess I'll have to buy a subscription, I already subscribe to five mags though! And this one I will never read! I may write a letter and ask them for the disc and save some trees by not sending my issues each month. haha

Thanks Nintendo! :thumbsdown: :angry:

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Yeah, and remember when they began giving Metroid Prime away for free with a new GC? Those of us who eat, breathe, sleep and drink Metroid that had already bought Gamecubes earlier had to pay fifty bucks for it! THANKS NINTENDO!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
How much is a subscription to Nintendo Power?

Hell, I just want the disc... and I can use the magazines as kindle to survive the cold winter. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll wait and see if it does hit the stores like every other bonus disc has so far, but I'll have to go the cheapest route--the subscription--if that avenue is closed this time.

Mike Blais

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking forward to getting another gamecube when the price dropped, didn't have the cash but now I'll definatly get another one. Can you believe my ex-wife took the game cube to play animal crossing and monkey ball? She even took my 2 wavebirds and memory cards. Oh well, since she wanted the tv (36' toshiba) I let her have that too and replaced it with a 51' toshiba widescreen. Can't wait to try metroid and zelda again in progressive!
I do think that nintendo would make a killing selling the discs at 19.95 to people who already have a gamecube.

Lee M T

Second Unit
Yeah, and remember when they began giving Metroid Prime away for free with a new GC? Those of us who eat, breathe, sleep and drink Metroid that had already bought Gamecubes earlier had to pay fifty bucks for it! THANKS NINTENDO!
Thanks for the sarcasm, but this is an entirely different situation. They should try to make it a little bit easier. Option A is rediculous. Option B is more like it, but please.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Lee,

What's sarcastic about that statement? Nintendo rewards customer loyalty by screwing the people who bought a Gamecube for 200 bucks the week it came out, paid 50 bucks for Metroid the day it came out, and now will make us jump through hoops to enjoy their classics. Do I think they should just give them away? No, but selling them for 20 bucks (no magazine sub) they would do well. I want to play A Link To The Past again, but am not willing to fork out the cash for a GCPlayer and the cart, since that would be a good 70+ dollars.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Justin;

If you feel that Nintendo treats you unfairly, you could sell your GameCube, all of your games, and refuse to buy any more of their products.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
You could trade in your GameCube with a game or two and then get a new one with the disc.

I might just skip out on the disc altogether. I only want one of the games you'd need to buy (and then you'd need to register your GC, be a member of Nintendo.com and then send in the POPs from the games).

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
They should try to make it a little bit easier.
Yeah, I agree, it's totally ridiculous! A 5-10 minute online registration process? Don't they realize people have jobs? A $20 magazine subscription? I don't even want the magazine! Do they really expect me to take three precious seconds out of my life every month to throw away a magazine I don't want just so I can get a bonus disc? What the hell is going through their heads? The nerve of some people.

Users who are viewing this thread