Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Zelda bundle confirmed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#1 of 48 Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor

• 769 posts

Posted November 04 2003 - 07:55 AM

http://www.evilavata....rder=0&thold=0

The deal starts on November 17; MSRP is the same ($99.99). You can get it separately by either a) registering your GC system and two eligible games (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario Party 5, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and 1080: Avalanche) or b) subscribing to Nintendo Power.

Looks like I'll be taking out another subscription........

#2 of 48 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted November 04 2003 - 01:07 PM

I'll go the subscription route as well.

#3 of 48 Phil Levy

Phil Levy

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted November 04 2003 - 02:54 PM

Mario Kart: DD and M&L Superstar for me, you couldnt pay me to let Nintendo deliver NP to my door. That, or I'll just buy it at Future Shop like I've done with every other bonus disc that isn't supposed to be sold (fear this one might be inside the GC boxes though)...

#4 of 48 Philip_S

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted November 04 2003 - 04:45 PM

What exactly does registering your Gamecube entail? I've got 2 GCs, a normal Japanese Cube which I've modded, and a Panasonic Q. If I need a serial number off of those, I'm probably screwed. And I'm not too eager to subscribe to Nintendo Power.

#5 of 48 Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter

• 1,130 posts

Posted November 04 2003 - 05:08 PM

Mario and Luigi Superstar is a Gameboy Advance game...

Is this coming to the cube as well?

#6 of 48 Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor

• 769 posts

Posted November 04 2003 - 05:58 PM

Quote:
Is this coming to the cube as well?

No, but Miyamoto's mentioned that some kind of Paper Mario game (either a remake of the N64 version or a new game in the same vein) will be coming to the GC eventually. It hasn't been announced yet though.

#7 of 48 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted November 04 2003 - 06:45 PM

Quote:
That, or I'll just buy it at Future Shop like I've done with every other bonus disc that isn't supposed to be sold (fear this one might be inside the GC boxes though)...

Bingo! It's packed in according to the pic that IGN has up. I realize Nintendo needs to prop up Nintendo Power, but they couldn't throw their loyalists a bone and sell this one straight up?

I have zero interest in the games that would make one eligible, so it looks like I'll also be asking for a NP gift sub for Christmas.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#8 of 48 Lee M T

Lee M T

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 04:37 AM

It's truey rediculous the way this is setup. More than likely, if you're a true Zelda fan, you would already have a GameCube by now. So, for the most part, the people who don't have a GC are not quite into Zelda like us die hards, but yet they can get the bonus disc all easy. But no, for the people who have bought GC, stuck with Nintendo through the years, eat, drink, and breath Zelda, we have to go through all sorts of rigamaroo to get our copy. I will be getting Mario Kart, but none of those other games will be in my collection. So I guess I'll have to buy a subscription, I already subscribe to five mags though! And this one I will never read! I may write a letter and ask them for the disc and save some trees by not sending my issues each month. haha

Thanks Nintendo! Posted Image Posted Image

#9 of 48 Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor

• 769 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 05:24 AM

Yeah, and remember when they began giving Metroid Prime away for free with a new GC? Those of us who eat, breathe, sleep and drink Metroid that had already bought Gamecubes earlier had to pay fifty bucks for it! THANKS NINTENDO!

#10 of 48 JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted November 05 2003 - 05:25 AM

Hell, I'd subscribe to their promotional fluff for free Zelda!

#11 of 48 Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Producer

• 4,528 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 06:23 AM

How much is a subscription to Nintendo Power?

Hell, I just want the disc... and I can use the magazines as kindle to survive the cold winter. Posted Image

#12 of 48 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 07:08 AM

Quote:
and I can use the magazines as kindle to survive the cold winter.
Quote:
in training at UCF in Orlando, FL

Huh? Posted Image
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#13 of 48 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted November 05 2003 - 07:35 AM

I'll wait and see if it does hit the stores like every other bonus disc has so far, but I'll have to go the cheapest route--the subscription--if that avenue is closed this time.

#14 of 48 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 10:25 AM

Quote:
I'll wait and see if it does hit the stores like every other bonus disc has so far

The bonus disc is packed into the box. Click here to see the packaging.

Subscriptions, ho!

#15 of 48 Mike Blais

Mike Blais

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 12:44 PM

I was looking forward to getting another gamecube when the price dropped, didn't have the cash but now I'll definatly get another one. Can you believe my ex-wife took the game cube to play animal crossing and monkey ball? She even took my 2 wavebirds and memory cards. Oh well, since she wanted the tv (36' toshiba) I let her have that too and replaced it with a 51' toshiba widescreen. Can't wait to try metroid and zelda again in progressive!
I do think that nintendo would make a killing selling the discs at 19.95 to people who already have a gamecube.

#16 of 48 Lee M T

Lee M T

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted November 06 2003 - 04:58 AM

Quote:
Yeah, and remember when they began giving Metroid Prime away for free with a new GC? Those of us who eat, breathe, sleep and drink Metroid that had already bought Gamecubes earlier had to pay fifty bucks for it! THANKS NINTENDO!

Thanks for the sarcasm, but this is an entirely different situation. They should try to make it a little bit easier. Option A is rediculous. Option B is more like it, but please.

#17 of 48 JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted November 06 2003 - 05:29 AM

Lee,

What's sarcastic about that statement? Nintendo rewards customer loyalty by screwing the people who bought a Gamecube for 200 bucks the week it came out, paid 50 bucks for Metroid the day it came out, and now will make us jump through hoops to enjoy their classics. Do I think they should just give them away? No, but selling them for 20 bucks (no magazine sub) they would do well. I want to play A Link To The Past again, but am not willing to fork out the cash for a GCPlayer and the cart, since that would be a good 70+ dollars.

#18 of 48 Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter

• 1,117 posts

Posted November 06 2003 - 07:34 AM

Justin;

If you feel that Nintendo treats you unfairly, you could sell your GameCube, all of your games, and refuse to buy any more of their products.
-J.Fo

#19 of 48 Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,102 posts

Posted November 06 2003 - 07:40 AM

You could trade in your GameCube with a game or two and then get a new one with the disc.

I might just skip out on the disc altogether. I only want one of the games you'd need to buy (and then you'd need to register your GC, be a member of Nintendo.com, and then send in the POPs from the games).

#20 of 48 Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor

• 769 posts

Posted November 06 2003 - 07:50 AM

Quote:
They should try to make it a little bit easier.

Yeah, I agree, it's totally ridiculous! A 5-10 minute online registration process? Don't they realize people have jobs? A $20 magazine subscription? I don't even want the magazine! Do they really expect me to take three precious seconds out of my life every month to throw away a magazine I don't want just so I can get a bonus disc? What the hell is going through their heads? The nerve of some people.

Back to Video Gaming

Forum Nav Content I Follow