What's new

Directors Home Theater Video Display Specs: A Poll (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
A lot of people I run into in stores, and on other message boards use the excuse that they don't have a widescreen TV, or that they have a small TV, so therfore they can't/won't enjoy watching widescreen DVD's on thier set. I know that a lot of us here have smaller sets, but I want to get some hard data that can be used for a report that I will eventually post on Widescreen Advocate. My intention is to prove that there are a large number of people who enjoy widescreen programming on smaller sets, but do not use that as a basis for answering this poll. Please answer the following questions for each screen that you watch DVD's on as truthfully as possible, and do not be ashamed if you have a small set. It will skew the data if you do not answer because you are embarrased, or if you do not answer because you have a large set. In other words, if you are reading this poll, I'd really like you to answer it. I'd like to get to at least 500 results before I compile the data. 1000 would be better! Thanks guys! Also, please answer the questions before providing any commentary, to make it easier for me to read.

1. Is the screen 4x3, or 16x9?
2. What percentage of your DVD time is spent with this TV?
3. How many inches is the screen?

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
1. 4x3
2. 30%
3. 17" PC monitor (15.9" viewable)

1. 4x3
2. 50%
3. 27"

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
1. 16X9
2. About 75%
3. 65 inches (Ha! I knew mine was bigger than yours, George :))

Jan H

Senior HTF Member

I was wondering how long it would be before I read that! :laugh:

There's no doubt that Rob has the biggest, um...,screen on the block.

Can anyone spell compensation?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks