Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Just ordered XBox with no games, no bundle!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted October 09 2001 - 09:24 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c....1488&scat=1501

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted October 09 2001 - 10:04 AM

And nice how it's in stock & ready to ship out rightaway Posted Image

------------------
Nothing In Particular
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted October 09 2001 - 10:10 AM

...and so do all of the regular bundles.
http://www.bestbuy.c..../xbox_shop.asp

And the bundles allow you to delete items to get down to the bare xbox.

Sure, it's really a pre-order and it's not shipping in 3 days, but they aren't going to cancel these orders.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted October 09 2001 - 11:56 AM

Site update: "Sorry! We've sold out of our first shipment of Xbox. But have no fear — more are on the way. Please drop by your local Best Buy retail store for further information. " Score!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   BrandonG

BrandonG

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted October 10 2001 - 07:56 AM

Ok, I work for BB and they never told us anything about preorders on the website. As of Sunday, we still didn't have the official # of units that we would get. I wouldn't get my hopes up though, because the website will only get a few hundred, the rest will be allocated to the stores. That's how it went with PS2's last year. I have tried finding the xbox stuff through the search engine, but get no results. How did you guys find it?

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted October 10 2001 - 08:31 AM

I saw it mentioned on techbargains.com. I went to the BB site, added a bundle to my cart, then deleted everything else from the bundle. I received a confirmation email from Best Buy last night congratulating me on my XBox purchase, confirming that it was a pre-order, and stating that I would receive the XBox within 3 business days of the November 15th launch. Here is what the site says now: "Sorry, we've sold out of our first shipment of Xbox. If you placed a pre-order for this hot new system, please note that this product ships on November 15, and will be delivered 2-3 business days later. If you were not able to place a pre-order, have no fear — more Xbox hardware is on the way. Please drop by your local Best Buy retail store for further information. " The preorders were available on the web site for at least 2 hours, so they are definitely allocating more than a few hundred to the web site. Screw bundles! [Edited last by Michael St. Clair on October 10, 2001 at 11:34 AM]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users