Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Kaleidescape, how much ? is it worth it ? is it any good ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   DanielH

DanielH

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted November 01 2003 - 04:24 AM

After reading an issue of audio video interiors, i came across an ad for kaleidescape, a new server to store your dvds on which can then be fed to a receiver anywehere in you home. I really like this idea, but i have not found a price anywhere, i am guessing its expensive, but i would like any additional info that anyone has on it, thanks in advance.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   scott>sau

scott>sau

Stunt Coordinator

• 190 posts

Posted November 04 2003 - 05:06 PM

A guy in the AVS forum got on because he was impressed by their booth at the recent CEDIA Expo. I believe he said he paid $40,000 for it. It is a wonderful technology, but only the few and the proud with have access to it in their homes. But like everything CE the supply and demand will force price reduction. At that cost I would rather take some Triads speakers a Lexicon pre/pro, Meridian top-dog DVD player,a M&K sub, screen and DLP PJ and the popcorn machine, but that's just me.