What's new

Anyone get the Panny 42PWD6UY @Dell? (1 Viewer)

bjarni_b

Auditioning
Did anyone manage to get this deal -- by the time I convinced the wife ;) that this was a great deal (2400 shipped!!!) It was gone from the Dell site :frowning: Aaargh!! Called them and no luck -- they have pulled the item! And they pulled it early -- the deal was good until midnight on 12/30 and I tried to order it around 4pm on 12/30. No news on when or if they will sell it again -- That s*cks! Did anyone manage to get an order in. Any ideas or suggestions where I can get this for anywhere close to the Dell price from a safe and reputable dealer (not very familiar with any of the online etailers that sell plasmas) ---- the WAF has a narrow window of opportunity and if I can't find an alternate source that is not too much more $$ -- I am _______ed(fill in the blank with your favorite cussword)!

thanks!

-bjarni

ScottCarr

Second Unit
I originally ordered form Dell Home, then cancelled once I saw the DellSB offer. I was able to get the display/stand/ over night shipping and some optical mice for less than the original offer at Dell Home.

My fiance is going to kill me. Found the speakers for the display for $316 shipped.

I can't wait!!!!!!!

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Bjarni,

It appears this display was a hot topic on various forums on the net. I was very close to placing an order, but passed for personal reasons.

I looked today and did not find anything close to the price that Dell was offering just for my own personal curiosity. It seemed most vendors were $500-700 above the Dell price WITH the discount coupons and FREE shipping. The lowest price I saw boasted from Dell was like $2254.15 with free shipping. Fact or fallacy? I don't know.

That price and more info is in this thread somewhere.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1169630

The interesting item about this display is that Panasonic apparently is moving it's production facilities and there is at least a one month delay for delivery. Some buyers were able to receive a shipping date early in the month of November. Others late November or 1st week in December. Again, fact or fallacy? I only read the various posts and have to take people's words at face value.

It was/is a marvelous price for that display so the time delay is well worth the anxiety/anticipation of delivery. Good luck and kudo's to those who made the purchase.

Charles

Bert D

Stunt Coordinator
I placed 2 orders for the 42" panny with the 30% off, and Dell cancelled both my orders last night, so I am off to get on the horn with them and see what is going on.
Basically total after tax and free shipping, it came out to a little over $2.3K, outstanding price, except Dell has problems with delivery, mid to late Dec. is reality. They are moving production from Japan to China, so we shall see what quality the first units from there bring us.

I was suspicious that Dell would have problems with Panny delivery, so I ordered a NEC 42" unit for only a $100 more than the Panny's, so either way, I think I got a good deal
on the Nec, and that is also a top unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks