-

Photo
- - - - -

new Doors CD Box set?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   soop.spoon

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor

• 760 posts

Posted October 29 2003 - 12:03 PM

It seems that there's a new Doors (Complete Studio Recordings) CD Box set out (or coming out soon). Does anyone know if these discs will be remastered or is it simply a repackaging of the box from a few years ago?

Thanks!

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Lewis Collins

Lewis Collins

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted October 30 2003 - 08:11 AM

I hadn't heard anything about this, but would also be interested. I'd also read in a dvd website (can't remember which one)that The Doors first recording (self titled)would be coming out on DVD-Audio. Haven't seen anyting further, i.e. release date on this.
Lew Collins
Not Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted October 30 2003 - 09:01 AM

This is just a repackaging of the old "Complete" box set.

I would have been interested if they lowered the price.
It amazes me that you can buy them seperately for cheaper.

Now I won't touch a box set because I try to buy HiRez audio only.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Trina

Trina

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted October 31 2003 - 12:10 AM

How many times are they gonna re-package and re-issue the same old recordings we've bought and bought again?

I have the orginal vinyl, the first batch of CD's, the box set, and I'm sorry but I'm not buying this same stuff again.

The L.A Woman DVD-A was just short of being a complete disappointment. I've pretty much given up on the Doors catalog from here on out. However, I would consider An American Prayer on DVD-A.

T

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted October 31 2003 - 02:52 AM

The original plan was going to be:

Add bonus tracks to each disc and replace the rarities (from the other box set) with a new bonus disc of new rarities. But not only did those plans fall through, it looks like we never see anymore releases from the Bright Midnight label due to Ray and Robbie's new found careers touring on the oldies circuit.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   soop.spoon

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor

• 760 posts

Posted October 31 2003 - 01:41 PM

Does anyone know whether the packaging of the individual discs will change in any way? The flimsy slipcases from the last box set were far from durable.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Paul D Young

Paul D Young

Second Unit

• 353 posts

Posted November 02 2003 - 03:32 PM

From Rhino.com
Quote:
All six Doors albums, each in its own jacket replicating the original LP artwork, plus an entire disc of rarities, including demos, live cuts, stage banter, and the bonus track “Woman Is A Devil.”

I'm not sure how they were originally packaged but I've always wanted to get this set. I've been think of settling for Legacy: The absolute Best instead. I don't have any Doors albums except for the first double disc greatest hits and the DVD-A of LA Woman.