What's new

new Doors CD Box set? (1 Viewer)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
It seems that there's a new Doors (Complete Studio Recordings) CD Box set out (or coming out soon). Does anyone know if these discs will be remastered or is it simply a repackaging of the box from a few years ago?

Thanks!

I hadn't heard anything about this, but would also be interested. I'd also read in a dvd website (can't remember which one)that The Doors first recording (self titled)would be coming out on DVD-Audio. Haven't seen anyting further, i.e. release date on this.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
This is just a repackaging of the old "Complete" box set.

I would have been interested if they lowered the price.
It amazes me that you can buy them seperately for cheaper.

Now I won't touch a box set because I try to buy HiRez audio only.

Trina

Agent
How many times are they gonna re-package and re-issue the same old recordings we've bought and bought again?

I have the orginal vinyl, the first batch of CD's, the box set, and I'm sorry but I'm not buying this same stuff again.

The L.A Woman DVD-A was just short of being a complete disappointment. I've pretty much given up on the Doors catalog from here on out. However, I would consider An American Prayer on DVD-A.

T

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The original plan was going to be:

Add bonus tracks to each disc and replace the rarities (from the other box set) with a new bonus disc of new rarities. But not only did those plans fall through, it looks like we never see anymore releases from the Bright Midnight label due to Ray and Robbie's new found careers touring on the oldies circuit.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know whether the packaging of the individual discs will change in any way? The flimsy slipcases from the last box set were far from durable.

Paul D Young

Second Unit
From Rhino.com
, plus an entire disc of rarities, including demos, live cuts, stage banter, and the bonus track “Woman Is A Devil.”
I'm not sure how they were originally packaged but I've always wanted to get this set. I've been think of settling for Legacy: The absolute Best instead. I don't have any Doors albums except for the first double disc greatest hits and the DVD-A of LA Woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks