What's new

Directv/DD/Tos-link Question (1 Viewer)

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Hi
Just got a DTV reciever that has 5.1 outputs with toslink & Coax ,If I run it , It will be using the tos since my other input on my reciever only has one coax and Im using that for the dvd, My question is will all audio come threw it or just the DD channels like Starz PPV ect?

ChristianS

Grip
Hello,

I also have a DD DTV box connected to the receiver with an optical cable. The box will send all audio signals, not just DD signals, through the optical cable. However, you need to enter the setup menu of your box and manually adjust the the audio setting to allow for DD reception. This will filter all of the audio through the digital cable (mono, stereo, DD). Unless you to this, the box will not send any signal through the digital cable nor will you get DD sound. Since your box has a coaxial as well as an optical output, there may be an additional setting which selects between the two. Mine only has the optical out so I cannot answer that directly, but I'm sure that someone else will be able to.

Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks