Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Directv/DD/Tos-link Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit

• 423 posts

Posted October 28 2003 - 08:46 PM

Hi
Just got a DTV reciever that has 5.1 outputs with toslink & Coax ,If I run it , It will be using the tos since my other input on my reciever only has one coax and Im using that for the dvd, My question is will all audio come threw it or just the DD channels like Starz PPV ect?

MY DVD'S

May the Force be with you

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   ChristianS

ChristianS

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted October 28 2003 - 11:34 PM

Hello,

I also have a DD DTV box connected to the receiver with an optical cable. The box will send all audio signals, not just DD signals, through the optical cable. However, you need to enter the setup menu of your box and manually adjust the the audio setting to allow for DD reception. This will filter all of the audio through the digital cable (mono, stereo, DD). Unless you to this, the box will not send any signal through the digital cable nor will you get DD sound. Since your box has a coaxial as well as an optical output, there may be an additional setting which selects between the two. Mine only has the optical out so I cannot answer that directly, but I'm sure that someone else will be able to.

Christian