What's new

Cover Art - Rain Man Special Edition (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I knew they would have to do a SE eventually. Glad I waited!
Ditto back. I'm so excited about this. This was one of the earliest DVDs and I always wanted to get it. And I always knew this SE would come out. And now it's here. That slipcase is beautiful. I love MGM's SE with slipcases (Thelma & Louise, The Usual Suspects, Fargo). Hopefully the specs will turn out to have been worth holding out so long.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Looks cool. I'm guessing it will be a double-sided disc like Usual Suspects SE.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Specs:

"New Collectible Packaging"
"Deleted Scene"
"Original Featurette"
"Audio Commentaries: Director Barry Levinson, Screenwriter Ronald Bass, Screenwriter Barry Morrow"
"Photo Gallery"

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I like the looks of the original release. Looks crystal clear to me.

Supposedly, there's BOTH a WS and a FF version on the 1-sided original DVD. But, for some reason, there's no menu choice for screen format. Luckily, it seems to default to the WS. (Perhaps there's really no FF on it at all.)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yes, but how much is it gonna be at K-Mart? A hundred dollars, definitely a hundred dollars. :D

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Nice packaging...I received the current release as part of a free(except for shipping) mail-in offer way back when. This is an easy upgrade for me.

Joe Kamsan

Stunt Coordinator
It appears that the slipcase is translucent, so it's going to be plastic like the Usual Suspects SE and not paper like Thelma & Louise. I prefer not to see critics' quotes on DVD covers, though. Nonetheless, count me in for one copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks