What's new

Spongebob S1 missing an episode?? (1 Viewer)

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
According to the back of the box, one of the very first Spongebob segments, "Help Wanted," is not on the S1 DVD box set!

Can anyone confirm this? This is the episode where Spongebob is first hired at the Krusty Krab, and it is listed as a S1 episode in every episode guide, so how could they leave it out? (And I can't imagine that licensing the Tiny Tim song would have been a problem.)

Jason Bovberg

Stunt Coordinator
I just reviewed this set for DVD Talk, and I can confirm that the episode is missing. Neither is it available on any of the standalone discs. I'm curious why it was excluded. I know it contains art that was not yet fully realized, and a couple other oddities (like a different pet in place of Gary), but it should at least have been presented as a special feature. Anyone have anymore insight?

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Jason. I should have thought to check DVD Talk first!

I know this may seem like a silly issue to some, but how can they justify calling this "The Complete First Season" without the pilot? I almost bought this set today, but put it right back on the shelf when I didn't see "Help Wanted" listed.

Again, this may not be a big deal to some, but imagine buying "The Complete Prisoner" only to find the episode "Arrival" missing! Or a DVD set of 24 that doesn't have the first hour!

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
This is just a guess on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a music rights issue. I believe that episode includes Tiny Tim's version of "Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight."

Greg Black

Second Unit
Wow, that sucks. Good thing I didn't pick this one up yesterday. I picked up the Married... With Children set though, and that's reported to have a lousy transfer :angry:

What is the problem? Why can't studios handle their television shows properly on DVD?

Paramount is now handling the South Park season releases; God help them if they screw those up.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Yeah that's a bit of a bummer, but for $18 I'm willing to overlook that one oversight...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks