What's new

24: Day 3 - 10/28/03 - Hour 1 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
1 p.m. to 2 p.m.

tick-TOCK tick-TOCK
tick-TOCK tick-TOCK

The clock is counting down. This Tuesday, the Jack Bauer Power Hour returns to prime-time! Is Palmer dead? Is Palmer alive? Well due to sloppy advertising most people already know the answer to that question. Taking place 3 years after the events of Season 2, hopefully the following questions will be answered.

1. How did Palmer recover from the tragedy stemming from the infected paws of everyone's favorite lovable lesbian, Mandy?
2. Did Kate and Jack ever shack up?
3. Where's Nina?
4. How in the world did Kimbo (a term coined by John Watson I believe) get a job at the CTU?
5. Why stick Jack with a partner? This ain't Jack Bauer and some other guy Power Hour!
6. Is Sherry in jail or is she a terrorist? And if so, is she "doing it for the family" or is it all in "David's best interest"?
7. Are Tony and Michelle still H&H?
8. Is Lynne still in critical condition after all these years?
9. What's going down these days with our main moleman Mike?
10. Is Teri really dead?

I'm guessing about only 1/5 of these questions will be answered in the premiere regardless of the commerical freedom. I've read in articles that this year, nobody is safe from death and there will be a major twist (Cause that never happens on 24). Maybe Kimbo is a terrorist? As for who dies, to get some discussion rolling before the premiere I'd like to get your opinion on

A) Who you think will die

and

B) Who you want to die

I'll start by saying A) Tony and B) Kim

As long as the season premiere is cougar-free I'll be happy. But it makes you wonder. How many "longest day of my life"s can one guy have? We shall see on an all new 24!

AdrianS

Auditioning
I'm getting so tired of the bad trailers for 24, it just spoils so much of the plot that I just avoided them completely. I'd changed the channel is one came on.

Fox really needs a new marketing team to do their trailers. The season preview wasn't bad; but the regular 24 commercials they had last season were just terrible. Gave away too much.

And to answer the question,
A) Michelle
B) Kim
(good looks really can't save her from her innane role in the show; despite the fact she was a contributing factor to some classic Bauer moments ala "Shoot Him Again." Classic.)

AdrianS

Auditioning
Oh, and just to toss the idea (which has been mentioned by a lot of other people before). Anyone else think they should do a 24 movie? I know it'd be kind of hard to fit the real time format in a 2-3 hour movie; but it's do-able.

They can have it as a prologue that shows the two hours before the season starts; and the script could be done X-Files movie style. Where if you watch it, you get some bonus stuff but if you didn't it doesn't really matter since nothing really "happened" in the movie.

Although doing the movie would probably lead to a lot of redundant review dialogue in the show;

eg. Tony: How is involved in this??
Jack: He is... blah blah..

Where if you'd seen the movie, you'd know that Tony already knows. But they just made him say that so they can have a conversation to tell the viewer who is. And that i don't like, not one bit.

Frank_M

Stunt Coordinator
Just watch to see who is CTU's "go to" person for computer issues. Then mark a big "X" across their face. We're 2-for-2 in those people dying early.

Maybe that will be Kim's new role? Please? Pretty please?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I'm a little upset that Kate Warner isn't back. She was purty. But maybe they're going to drop the whole "Jack's loved ones in peril" angle and go with something else, which could be interesting.

I have a feeling they're going to seperate this season from the previous two as much as possible. I'm guessing that Nina, the Warners, and Sherry will not be around this time.

Also very curious as to who the villains are this time. First it was Serbs, then Arab/Muslims. And now...

John Watson

Screenwriter
Thnx for noticing Kimbo :)

Glad to know the Pres survives the handjob.

I hope to see more of Nina.

Next villains? The French?

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
ONE MORE DAY!!!
This is sad, but I actually had a dream the other night that I watched some other show and missed the season premiere of 24. As if that could actually happen!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
There was a press conference maybe in June or so of this year, when someone discussed season three of 24. I recently read the transcript - but only because it appeared that they were filling the reporters' ears with lies to keep them wondering what would actually happen. It was full of nonsense like (and I assure you there's no need for spoilers here!) that they wanted Ally McBeal to have a cameo as a lawyer, and they listed some characters they wanted to die, and suggested that the show be made into something more like Boston (yawn) Public.

It was, I hope, all tongue in cheek. I'm looking for the link now, I'll post it when I find it again.

Ah, here it is:

http://tvschedules.about.com/library.../aa060103a.htm

But there's a chance it is all serious, in which case, don't read it or your enjoyment will be spoiled.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
About the movie, I heard that in Season 4's (Apparently they're planning that far ahead) finale, there will be a huge cliffhanger and it will be resolved with a 3 hour TV movie. That's just what I heard. I have no idea how they can top their previous finale cliffhangers (Though season 1's was far superior to Season 2's) [/size][/font]

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm a new recruit for 24 on TV, I've only caught up on this show in the last couple of months. Pity S3 won't even air over here until next year :frowning:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I might check this show out tonight and I've never seen it before. Looks like they contain each season so if one didn't see last year, you're not too lost. That's my take on it, is this a reasonable assumption?

Thanks.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Nelson

To a certain extent, they are pretty self contained, but they are also continous. An example would be President Palmer's collapse at the end of 2nd season would be resolved tonight (hopefully!).

I jumped in on Season 2 with some basics of what happened during Season 1 and made out pretty well, but after I saw Season 1 on dvd, a lot of questions that I had were made clear.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
Quite reasonable, Nelson - but if you watch a subsequent season, it will most likely spoil the previous one. Season 1 for example has so good cliffhanger that I wouldn't want to know it in advance - and that cliffhanger is the basis (kind of) for whole season 2. I haven't seen season 2 in it's entirety so I can't say nothing about season 2's cliffhanger but I guess season 2 otherwise contains things which can be spoiled by watching season 3. They are self contained but story seems to continue from season to season.

Since season 3 has premiered tonight there - what was it like? Have they managed to maintain their top quality? And minimum spoilers, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks