What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/28 (What's Up, Doc?) (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You stay out of this, he doesn't have to shoot you now. (quote from Rabbit Seasoning)

[c] [/c]

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definate price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a five-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_Target__Costco__SamsClb
Coupling - Series 2 (UK)__$24.49__$27.99__$24.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Dark Shadows Coll. 8______$44.98__$52.99__$49.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$39.78
The Hulk - Spec. Ed. (WS)_$17.54__$15.99__$15.99__$_"LP"__$18.29__$19.14
Looney Tunes Golden Coll._$45.44__$54.99__$49.99__$45.99__$_N/A___$38.24
Looney Tunes Premier Coll_$18.89__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Looney Tunes: Reality Chk_$13.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Looney Tunes: Strgr/Fict._$13.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Married w/Children - S1___$20.96__$22.99__$24.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Saturday Night Live: XMas_$12.74__$14.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
SNL: Halloween____________$12.74__$12.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
SNL: Best of C. Farley____$14.99__$14.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
SNL: Best of Dana Carvey__$16.99__$11.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Sopranos - S4_____________$64.99__$69.99__$69.99__$69.99__$63.99__$_N/A_
Space Jam - 2 Disc SE_____$22.94__$19.99__$19.99__$16.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
SpongeBob SquarePants -S1_$34.99__$39.99__$39.99__$_N/A___$32.99__$_N/A_
Whale Rider_______________$18.86__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]

* Still kinda taking it easy this week. Resting up for a big next week, no doubt!

* BE CAREFUL! The Hulk - Special Edition is available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions...get the correct one.

* MOVIE CASH: Space Jam - 2-Disc Special Edition not only finally brings this film to widescreen, but also gives you a free "Movie Cash" ticket to the new feature film, Looney Tunes: Back In Action.

* Circuit City: Save $15 instantly with purchase of The Sopranos - Season 4 and any of Seasons 1-3.

* Best Buy: On Sopranos season sets, save $30 when you buy any 2, save $50 when you buy any 3, and save $70 when you buy all 4.

* Best Buy: Save $10 instantly with purchase of Coupling - Season 1 and Season 2.

* Target: Save $15 when you purchase Looney Tunes Golden Collection and one other selected Looney Tunes DVD.

* Target: Free 14-oz. bag of Chips Ahoy CremeWiches and 6-pk. Act II popcorn with purchase of Hulk on DVD. Quantities limited on free offers. No rain checks. See movie package for coupon.

* Those of you who bought The Incredible Hulk - The Television Series Ultimate Collection last week should realize that there's a $10 mail-in rebate coupon in that when you purchase the new Hulk movie DVD.

The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
None

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Your welcome...Sam's prices taken from a now non-existant thread from yesterday. Credit goes to that person (forget who).

Roundup was edited to add Target extras on Hulk purchase.

Those of you who wonder why I didn't do the quote on MwC, well I almost did. But I figured that even Al Bundy has to give ground to Bugs Bunny. Bundy vs. Bunny? Let's Rock vs. What's Up Doc? Interesting battle...Bugs will win with no effort, I'm sure of it. Still great to have Al, Peg, and the kids on DVD in season sets, finally!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
don't forget at target if you buy the golden collection and any other specially marked looney tune you get $15 off the total.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Just Looney Tunes Golden Collection and Ed Sullivan Presents the Beatles for me.

Hopefully Costco or Wal-Mart will have a comparable price on Looney Tunes to Sam's.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I going to get the Looney Toon Golden Collection and maybe Space Jam and Married With Children. But I need to know, does anyone know what the prices for these items might be in New York? I will be out of town next weekend and I going to pick them up then. Like for example, what would Virgin Megastore tend to price these items? Thanks you and Dave for the update.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Darn that Target and their golden collection low price! I ordered from Amazon just the other day thinking that they were going to have a low price than the B&Ms. O'well I suppose $2 won't kill me. The Hulk deal is pretty sweet I just hope they don't run out of extras before.... O' no!..... heart stopping...... lungs collapsing...... $2 can kill..... *beeeeeeeeeep*........

Chris S.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Dave! Looney Tunes Golden Collection for me, and hoping to finally get A Christmas Story and The Mark of Zorro.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the target add soesnt say. i guess you have to check in store.

i would say yes.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Eckerd has Looney Tunes Golden Collection in their flyer this week. :D

Thanks for the roundup, Dave. Just the toons for me this week!

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the hulk dvd has the widescreen sign at the bottom of the front cover under the critic caption.. Its in white letters.
Like this: W I D E S C R E E N

JACOB

Mark<>Tsc

Grip
For all you Looney Tunes - Golden buyers out there:

There's free movie cash for "LT-Back in Action" in the package. Although a little different than the movie cash we received in the FOTR:EE as this one is only good for a child's pass up to $6.50. Still a great bonus in my opinion.

Got my Golden collection from a retailer yesterday that broke the street date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks