Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   ArmandV

ArmandV

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 03:02 AM

I picked up "Beast" last night and watched it. It is a nicely done
DVD ($14.99 at Best Buy) with good, sharp images. It also includes
trailers this film and "Black Scorpion," "Clash of the Titans"
and "Valley of Gwangi." Also, there's a clip of a discussion session
with Ray Harryhausen and Ray Bradbury along with a Making of
featurette.

It was also neat seeing a young Lee Van Cleef (with hair) at the end
of the movie. Van Cleef played the sharpshooter who shot the monster
with a radioactive isotope at Coney Island.

A thumb's up here! - A.
Posted Image

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald

Screenwriter

• 1,648 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 04:22 AM

And check out the woman speaking to the camera in the trailer for BEAST FROM TWENTY THOUSAND FATHOMS --it's an early appearance by Vera Miles, future co-star in THE SEARCHERS, THE WRONG MAN, PSYCHO, THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE, etc. She's only in the trailer, not the movie itself.

One more reason why it's important to always include trailers on DVD, especially for the older films released on the format. Posted Image

My Current Damage at DVD Aficionado

Wanted in R1: UNEARTHLY STRANGER ('63) / IF I HAD A MILLION ('32) / THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK ('41) / IT CONQUERED THE WORLD ('56) / TERROR ABOARD ('33) / DANGER ROUTE ('68) / THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM ('68) / GUNN ('67) / ZOO IN BUDAPEST ('33) / THE SEA WOLF ('41) / DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS ('63, restored) / ALAKAZAM THE GREAT ('60) / DARKER THAN AMBER ('70) / THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME ('47) / CROSSWINDS ('51) / JIVARO ('54)

Wanted TV-on-DVD: T.H.E. CAT (1966-67) / SUSPICION (1957-58) / WAY OUT (1961) / ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) / PANIC! (1957-58) / CORONET BLUE (1965) / DRAGNET ('50s) / NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN (1968) / BUS STOP (1961-62) / THE WESTERNER (1960) / THE IMMORTAL (1970) / BLUE LIGHT (1966) / TERRIERS (2010) / THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS (1966)

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   ArmandV

ArmandV

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
And check out the woman speaking to the camera in the trailer for BEAST FROM TWENTY THOUSAND FATHOMS --it's an early appearance by Vera Miles, future co-star in THE SEARCHERS, THE WRONG MAN, PSYCHO, THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE, etc. She's only in the trailer, not the movie itself.

You know, I thought she looked familiar. Thanks for the info.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Producer

• 3,652 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 01:55 AM

And don't forget the shot of the Beast from 20,000 Fathoms in the trailer for Black Scorpion. It's an outtake, featuring an unseen angle of the Beast in New York!

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

Bubbleweb_edited-1_zpsc986b444.jpg