Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Farscape Season 4 Collection 1 on 12/2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted October 25 2003 - 04:14 PM

From ADV's website:

Quote:
ADV Films today announced a street date of December 2, 2003 for the home-entertainment release of the two-DVD, five-episode Farscape: Season Four, Collection One. TV Guide has hailed the award-winning series as “The Best Sci-Fi on TV,” USA Today called Farscape “TV’s Best Space Series,” and Farscape received the 2003 Saturn Award for Best Syndicated/Cable Series—for the third year in a row!

Farscape: Season Four, Collection One (SRP $39.98) is a DVD-only release containing five episodes on two discs (episodes 401 through 405) and presented in anamorphic widescreen format. Includes English 5.1, English 2.0, and closed captioning. DVD extras include: a printed insert with official episode synopses; a behind-the-scenes interview with Rebecca Riggs (“Commandant Grayza”); “Farscape: The Story So Far” featurette; Inside Farscape: Season 4 Visual Effects; From the Archives: Season 2 Bloopers; Cool Farscape Facts; Aliens Encountered; Sets, Props, & Costumes Gallery; and ADV Previews.

Glad ADV is finally putting bloopers on these sets. Posted Image

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted October 25 2003 - 05:10 PM

Quote:
Glad ADV is finally putting bloopers on these sets.

Too bad they're still too expensive.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted October 25 2003 - 05:40 PM

Quote:
Too bad they're still too expensive.

Unfortunatly, there isn't much they can do about that...

Jason

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 12:35 AM

Cant wait. One of my fav episodes of the show is the premiere.

capt

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Eric F

Eric F

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 03:40 AM

Quote:
Unfortunatly, there isn't much they can do about that...
Sure there is, they can lower the price. They just lowered the MSRP of all their other live shows by half. Andromeda Season 1 will be ~$40 street and it comes on 10 DVDs. I'm not a big fan of the show, but at that price I'll bite.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Thomas Hart

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 07:02 AM

I am a fan of the show and $25 (at Bestbuy) for a 2-Disc set of 4-5 episodes + extras seems pretty reasonable to me. As for lowering the price, I believe it been said a few times elsewhere that Farscape has quite a few hands in the pot (Henson, Hallmark, ADV, and some other owners) that all need to be paid thus the higher price tag.

And if you don't want to pay ADV's price for Farscape, it's still on TV and can be taped or watched on Sci-Fi.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Eric F

Eric F

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 08:16 AM

Wait for the box. $85 for the season is better than $150+.

I kinda feel sorry for all the poor sods who paid that for Andromeda when you'll be able to get the whole season for ~$40. That's $8 per 2-DVD set.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 10:53 AM

Yeah i have bought Andromeda as well and its is kind of wrong with such a big price change. Glad i waited on EFC as the sets have dropped almost half in a month

capt

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Eric F

Eric F

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted October 26 2003 - 11:34 AM

I won't buy ETC untill S1 & S2 are available.

Knowing Universal, they'll charge $79 for it and it will be 4:3 and have a poor transfer.

Say what you will about ADV, they do stellar transfers.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted November 17 2003 - 04:40 AM

Cover art is up at the ADV website.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Lane_S

Lane_S

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted November 17 2003 - 08:26 AM

For any Farscape fans that haven't heard, AICN, ING and Dark Horizons are all reporting that the Farscape production offices are open, the sets are being reassembled and they are in pre-production for a 4 hour mini-series to bring closure to the Farscape saga.

I doubt every hanging thread will be tied up, but the main stuff should be addressed. No word on when they will show (I'm guessing during Sci-Fi's summer season), but barring any crash and burn between now and air dates, we should all have two more Farscape DVDs to look forward to in early 2005.
----------------------
I am photoactivated, cursed with the Morning Person gene.
This would be fine if I didn't live a Night Person lifestyle.
So I find myself a Doesn't Sleep Much Person. – Laia Salla

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow