Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Art 351 Equalizer

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Shane Morales

Shane Morales

Second Unit

• 428 posts

Posted October 24 2003 - 06:04 AM

Wasn't sure where to put this so I left here for someone to move if necessary. I'm wondering about the Art 351 Equalizer that SVS sells. How do you hook it up with the rest of your gear? What does it do?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   ColinM

• 2,057 posts

Posted October 24 2003 - 06:30 AM

Sub pre-out into the ART input, ART output into the sub's input. It's best used with an SPL meter and a test tone disc. Play tones at the slider's frequencies and make the needle on the meter "0" if possible, without boosting if you can, as boosting will sap an amp's power very quickly. I have a DOD EQ. Not as nice as the ART, but the same effect. I wound up cutting 80, 63, 50, 40hz by 3 to 12db. If you find that the meter reads low at any one frequency and boosting or raising the volume has no effect, that is a "null" and the only way to change the dip is to move the meter or move the sub.
You call that a knife?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

• 6,001 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX

Posted October 24 2003 - 10:29 AM

Shane, If you’re looking to equalize a sub, pass on the ART and get a parametric EQ like the Behringer Feedback Destroyer. 1/3-octave equalizers like the ART have filters with fixed center frequencies and bandwidth, while a with parametric the center frequencies and bandwidth are infinitely adjustable, which means you can adjust your sub/room response with surgical precision. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt
My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users