What's new

Pink Floyd "Pulse" (1 Viewer)

Oliver

Stunt Coordinator
I cannot tell you how long I am already waiting for the Pink Floyd "Pulse" Concert DVD to be available. So is there some reliable news about a street date? Will it ever happen?
------------------

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is that it was scheduled to be released quite some time ago but then was cancelled. I don't know why and I haven't heard if anything is in the works. Your best bet would be the LD, which is quite good, if you have an LD player (and you ought to).
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
I have the LD, and watched it a few weeks back. Still looks great even on a 50" RPTV.
Although this is a stereo presentation, it sounded fantastic in Dolby Surround through the Yamaha RXV-1000 - in normal mode (I never use any of those fancy concert hall, rock video... whatever modes).
This performance definitely deserves a DTS work-over.
But, I'll be happy with a good DD track, and I eagerly await a DVD release.
Joel

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Joel - try this: Listen to it in ProLogic, but set your centre channel speaker to OFF or PHANTOM. That way you still get the proper stereo spread and the ambience from the rears, but without the centre channel hogging a lot of the sound.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Rob, I might try that the next time I get the house to myself.
My wife's not a big Floyd fan in general, but she does like the songs that feature those great Gilmour solos. :)
Joel

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen PF 6 times including the 1st showing of Dark Side of the Moon in the U.S. (Trivia Question - Where WAS the 1st showing??) and Pulse is a Perfect Concert film???

I have the VHS Tape for Auction in ebay and CAN'T WAIT for the DVD.

Pick Floyd is awesome with or without Waters.

BTW - I've seen PF in a Thunderstorm and Lightning is a great special effect lol. I've also seen them in a torrential rain storm and orange lasers are fantastic in the rain. They sparkle.

Just to show you my age. The 1st concert (Dark Side) was festivel seating. We had blankets on the floor 10 feet from the stage and nobody stepped on them, we all had our "space" AND each blanket had a bong.!! :)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
BTW - I've seen PF in a Thunderstorm and Lightning is a great special effect lol.
This reminds me of a concert I went to in the early/mid-90s. It was the Steely Dan "Awake in America" tour, the original "reunion". I was at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Maryland. There were thundershowers in the forecast. I was a tthe very top of the hill looking down on the concert. It was dusk. As they were doing the song "Chain Lightning", actually as Donald Fagan was singing the words "Chain Lightning" in the first chorus, a fantastic display of chain lightning from a far-off thundershower light up the sky behind the stage.

The single coolest concert moment I've ever experienced.

Oh,m and to stay on topic - yes it is the post Waters entity known as "Pink Floyd" (not to be confused with the original post - Barratt entity known as "Pink Floyd") and the concert LD is pretty darned cool.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I saw Pink Floyd when they released the album A Momenary Lapse of Reason. (Still have it on vinyl. :))
While the concert was cool - awesome actually - it still lacked Roger Waters. It was like a fake PF show. David Gilmour singing the Waters songs was kind of lame.

PeteD

Stunt Coordinator
While Pulse is good (I have the LD) I want Delicate Sound Of Thunder.. Now THAT's a concert!

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I like the Delicate Sound concert better than PULSE, too. The version of "Money" in particular on DST is just incredible.

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto on Delicate Sound but is there even a tapeing of it?

answer to trivia - Madison WI was the 1st American showing of Darkside).

For some odd reason they come ot MadCity every single tour AND they are a CHEAP concert!!!!

Saw them in Milwaukee 3 times and Madison 3 times.

Tyler T

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I was thinking about posting this as a seperate post but since so many people ask the DVD questions on this group, Echoes and the Pink Floyd newsgroup, and other places. I will start in order:
Live At Pompeii- Bad news for all you people who want this bad on DVD. Unfortunatly, ex-member Roger Waters has claimed that the audio tapes have dissapeared. With that in mind, we may never get it on DVD. So keep those laserdiscs (or VHS or CED's)
Delicate Sound of Thunder & Pulse- In a recent online chat with David Gilmour, he said that these are being worked on currently. So hopefully in the next year or so we can have these in our library of DVD's.
La Vallee, More, The Body, The Committe, White of the Eye, etc.- Who knows? :)
Maybe with this post all these endless posts will stop

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
PULSE!!!! PULSE!!! I want to post MORE about PuLSe!!! :)
Delicate would be nice, but i have the opposite reaction to someone up there to the version of Money that they did then. Having Guy Pratt CHANGE that monumental bassline just killed me.
The video is just so much better on PULSE; looks much more realistic. DSOT doesn't give me the feeling of actually being at the concert like PULSE.
But don't get me wrong .. I'll take what I can get!!!!!
But let's please make it PULSE!!!!!!
Brett

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah! A Pink Floyd: Pulse DVD was on the schedule to be released a year ago, then it was deleted at the last minute. Noone at Sony ever said what happened, or when it was going to be rescheduled for (if ever). My wife and her stepdad are both dying to get ahold of this one! Any news out there AT ALL?!?!?!

David James

Stunt Coordinator
Satisfy your Floyd fix with the Roger Waters In The Flesh DVD. Excellent sound and video and of course, the music. Includes an excellent Pink Floyd "greatest hits" set along with his solo stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks