What's new

South Park 10/22/03 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Well another season of South Park is upon us.

Last nites premise was the town is overrun by gayness. With the recent influx of TV programs dealing with gay characters and the gay lifestyle, it has become hip in the town of South Park to look and act gay.

I thought this was a funny episode and enjoyed most of it until towards the end when the Queer Eye cast was outed as not gay men but crab people

That revelation was a little too overboard, but not unexpected from those South Park creators.

Paul

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I loved it. Everything from Mr. Slave's entrance to
"Crab People, Crab People. Taste like crab, talk like people."

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think my favorite part was the Metrosexual Pride Parade:

We're here.
We're not queer.
But we're close!
Get used to it!

:laugh:

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I liked how all the men co-opted the gay lifestyle, but balked at the whole man-on-man sex thing.

"Those boots say you take it in the ass!" :laugh:

Rob

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I loved every second of it. The Crab people were hilarious.

Kid Notorious, on the other hand, was unbearable.

JQ

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
The crabs were funny, but I hoped that they would have resolved the story in another way. I'll agree that adopting metrosexuality to be "hip" is nothing different than dressing like a crab. I thought that Mr. Garrison was about to make a good point about the Fab Five when he accused them of being straight, and then it just went downhill from there. Oh well. The crab theme song killed me, so I can't be pissed at the episode because it didn't make a stand against the Queer Eyes like I wanted. Oh well.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I loved this episode. Thought it was very funny.

I like when anyone makes fun of Queer eye. Its a good show but SO GAY!

As for kid netorious, after about the 4th minute I was sick of all the black slang and beeping out. It was very very stupid.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
As a Queer Eye and South Park fan, (so lets not turn this into a Queer Eye bashing thread) last nights episode was pretty damn good. I was hoping it was not just going to directly bash the Queer Eye show, so the crab people bit was good, epically the song. It’s now stuck in my head. Crab People, Crab People. It’s also good to know that Cartman still will result to nothing less than "Killing Kyle" to get his way.

Someone please tell me that Metrosexual was a made-up southpark term?

Kid Notorious = Lame:thumbsdown: I also went to bed during the rap scene. His cat was kind of cute though.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yep, Puss saved the show for me. Especially when he pistol whipped the butler. :laugh:

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I love how this show can stick to hot recent topics like the surgence of Queer Eye. I personally am sick of everyone telling me that I 'have to see this show' so this Southpark episode was a great treat.

As for Metrosexual, there actually is a quiz to see if you are at espn.com.

Kid Notorious wasn't too bad, mostly because it made fun of Sharon Stone. :) But I think it could wear thin very quickly. The cat definately saved the show.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Question about the term "metrosexual".

Is this a relatively new term? I heard it first earlier in the month on ESPN radio in the morning (Green and Golick's show). Then it's on Southpark, then last night, they used it on Miss Match. I couldn't believe how quickly it has caught on.

Is this something that's been said for a while and I'm just now hearing it?

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Took the Metrosexual quiz and scored a 0. Guess I really am a lost cause!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks