What's new

Mylar Swapmeet (err, Swapthread) (1 Viewer)

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
If any of you here are Mylar collectors, post what you have below. Don't worry if they are 'for trade' or not, but all the better if they are!

Large:
X-Men 2, Matrix Reloaded, The Two Towers

Medium:
X-Men, Rugrats in Paris, U-571

Mini: The Italian Job, Dungeons and Dragons, League of Extraordinary Gentleman, Matrix Reloaded, Finding Nemo, Ice Age, The Italian Job, Charlie's Angels 2, The Four Feathers, Johnny English, Atlantis (2), Jurassic Park 3 (2), Dinosaur, The Sum of All Fears, Spy Game, Sinbad, The Scorpion King, Legally Blond 2, Cats and Dogs, Bubble Boy, Tomb Raider, Enemy at the Gates, Swordfish, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Ali, A.I., Bad Company, Black Knight, Bruce Almighty, Dr. Dolittle 2, Planet of the Apes, Kingdom Come, Exit Wounds, Domestic Disturbance, Town and Country, Someone Like You, Signs, Rush Hour 2, Red Dragon, Vertical Limit, Mr. Deeds, Hardball

Custom:
Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES

Looking for:
Princess Bride, Pirates of the Carribean, Fellowship of the Rings, A Knight's Tale, Harry Potter, Matrix

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Too Funny David,

We both emailed Tom and told him of the thread.You obviously told him exactly where, I just siad on a "website chatroom" I never gave hm the exact address in fear he may have gotten upset by this. Also by accident he sent your response to me, then he realized his mistake .

I think it's great that he is going to get involved on this thread.

Talk to you soon
ED

Tom Reasor

Auditioning
I guess I was a little distracted. I had actually just dealt with David, so I was surprised to see him here. I came and found the posts and was trying to answer of David's post to Ed. I don't know where my mind has gone.

Either way - I can help any one at all help fill in their collection at all, I will certainly see what I can do. With the collections that I get, I can help out with a lot of titles from 6 months and back. Of course I always have my new releases, but I'm trying to get these to you guys as cheaply as possible. I will help out any way that I can.

I'll have to post pictures of my "office" and show my Kevin Smith mylar/poster display. They are just on the wall and not in boxes, but I still think it looks pretty cool.

Thanks everyone!
Tom

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
welcome Tom,

Sounds good about the discounts you are offering. I am going to see what else I need.Talk to you soon about a purchase.

Thanks again
ED

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Tom! I sent you a PM.

And I thought I would add a few mini mylars to my list I forgot were on the way:
Die another Day, Holes, Treasure Planet, Sant Claus 2, Return to Neverland

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
David,

You seem too have a good selection. Did you buy all of them or did you get them somewhere. I am looking for hints on how to aquire them besides online.

Thanks in advance
Ed

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
I got real lucky and found an EBay auction where someone was dumping all theirs and got 31 of them for a few bucks. The rest I got from moviemylars.com and a couple other auctions...

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
David,

A few questions:
1. Did you make the custom DD and dts mylars?
2. Can you email me some pictures of them?(or post here)
3. The light box pictures in the other post is that the small size 2 1/2 x 11?

Thanks in advance
Ed

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
1) I printed out a DD and DTS logo on printable overhead sheets. They work relatively well, but the ink doesn't go on thick enough. I'm thinking of putting some tissue psper behind them to diffuse the light a little bit and see if that makesthem look a little more mylar-ish.

2) Sure. I'll take some pictures tomorrow so you can take a look.

3) Yep, that is the small box. It just so happens that the length of my doorway is just wide enough to get 3 mini's side by side.

I'm also going to print out some times in the small format, assuming the tissue paper works to make it look right. That will go under the large box for when I am having company over...

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Well

WHOA...I have a mini collection of medium mylars on the way.

I just ordered 9 mylars including the Finding Nemo that I have been desprately looking for from www.moviemylars.com . He didn't have it, but somehow someway he got it for me.He's mailing tomorrow

If anyone, and I mean anyone needs mylars give Tom an email over at moviemylars.com . He's a great guy and has stuck to his word about the discount that he had offered in this thread: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=164747

A BIG THANKS to you TOM !

I know my opening night will be better now.

Thanks again
ED

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Ok my

Mylars came today. So here is my list(not for sale/trade)

Medium:
Finding Nemo
Daredevil
The Core
The Recruit
Dreamcatcher
Confidence
Old School
Identity
U-571
More to come.....

See Ya
ED

DipakP

Auditioning
This may be a stupid question but what does one do with these mylars?
are they lit from behind?
do they fit in a lit diplay boxe?
i know this is a stupid question but i am very interested...
thanks

DipakP

Auditioning
david
how much do you charge for one of these boxes
i would want one that holds 2 or 3 mini mylars
thanks

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
David

I'm going to start my box tomorrow. I've decided to make a wood one so my friend can get the idea of what I am trying to accomplish

Signed
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks