Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Custom Indiana Jones cover set

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 of 47 OFFLINE   Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted October 20 2003 - 03:21 PM

I wanted a cover set that used the too cool original poster art for all three films, as well as kept the proper title for Raiders. hope to have the rest completed this week. Here's a preview of Raiders though..

Raiders #1
Posted Image

dvdcoverart link

Raiders #2
Posted Image

dvdcoverart link

Temple of Doom:

Posted Image

dvdcoverart link

Last Crusade:

Posted Image

dvdcoverart link

Bonus disc:

Posted Image

dvdcoverart link

the brown text on the back looks like it might be hard to read, but I promise it looks just fine when printed out at full res.

any feedback is of course welcomed =)

#2 of 47 OFFLINE   MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,513 posts

Posted October 20 2003 - 03:47 PM

Matt, looks great...as usual! Any chance of making one for RAIDERS that uses the original art? The one for the dvd is actually the style B/re-release artwork. The original art has never been used for any domestic video release. Here's a link for the original art:

http://www.moviepost....G&pid=MPW-7748

#3 of 47 OFFLINE   Steven Good

Steven Good

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted October 20 2003 - 05:02 PM

Holy crap! That's beautiful! Why didn't Paramount make soemthing along these lines to begin with? I hate the way they used SOME of the poster artwork, but mainly just Big Heads and little background. I'll download them and print them as soon as you make them available! Love 'em!
Roger Ebert--"This is one more pathetic example of the dumbing of America--to show the films in the wrong aspect ratio to placate the stupid, instead of in the right aspect ratio to reward the knowledgeable."

#4 of 47 OFFLINE   Dharmesh C

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor

• 995 posts

Posted October 20 2003 - 07:28 PM

Matt, that's fantastic Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 of 47 OFFLINE   Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted October 20 2003 - 09:26 PM

Great that site is a paying site! Isn't it?

#6 of 47 OFFLINE   Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter

• 1,300 posts

Posted October 20 2003 - 09:31 PM

dvdcoverart.com is a "credit" site, which means if you contribute, you get credits to download. You can also buy credits for a very small fee (20 credits for 4 USD or something like that)...
A r t u r M e i n i l d
People Strategy Consultant (M.Sc. Eng.)Semi-professional Composer & Musician

#7 of 47 OFFLINE   Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted October 20 2003 - 10:42 PM

Matt, it would be no problem doing a cover with that poster art, the problem is finding a high quality source. I've been unable to find anything on the web, so for the cover above I actually scanned my old laserdisc jacket and did a bit of cleanup on it.

#8 of 47 OFFLINE   Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk

Screenwriter

• 1,296 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 04:24 AM

The original LP release of the films soundtrack used the original poster art. Matt, do you plan on making cover art for the Best Buy bonus disc? Also Temple of Doom also had another poster made which showed Indy standing outside the temple with a sword and the whip. It was a great poster. If possible maybe you could do a series and then we could pick and choose the artwork. This one looks very nice. Good job! Neil

#9 of 47 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 04:37 AM

nice job Matt. looking close, it seems to be a faint image of a map on the back of the jacket. i think that would be a great idea for a back cover background- a low contrast, old style, map of the region. i also planned to make my own jacket and have several high quality sources for the original 81 style artwork. just needed the upc code and back cover specs to do it right. now if i can dig up an interesting map design, i'll be good to go. i don't know if realitycrash is still up and running but they've hosted some covers i've done in the past- i'll have to get in touch with them or find another site.

#10 of 47 OFFLINE   Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 05:55 AM

Neil, I'll make a cover for it if I get a chance and get a copy of it. I didn't get my set from BB so I didn't get a copy of it. I have a nice version of that TOD artwork and will definitely do a cover with it, in addition to the other poster art. Paul, there is a map of Egypt and the surronding area overlayed on the entire background. TOD will have one of India, and LC one of Europe. I'd love to get my hands on any hi-res poster art you have...drop me an email if you would please

#11 of 47 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 06:52 AM

Matt, i'm on a pretty crappy dial-up at the moment, so anything over 400k would be a problem, but i'll see what i can get for ya, drop me a pm wih your e-mail and i will send it out when i get a chance. assuming i can run across a map style i like, i will probably forego using any other textures over it. i probably still have some promo posters for TOD that were given out at the premiere party (the advance shot that has a med shot of Ford with a Machette with the tag line "trust him". that would make an interesting alternative cover to the typical (but nicely done) Drew S montage. i wish i could find my copy of the Lp of the film dialouge soundtrack. that had a very nice reproduction of the Italian one sheet art- very dark and moody with some beautiful blue tones (this would be Raiders). it was also used as the cover of the American Cinetographer issue dedicated to the film (which i unfortuantely sold off already). i also recently came across some nice Peak artwork done for Excalibur and hope to finally get those jackets done as well as an updating of the first Superman movie, with a much larger, higher res shot of the fabulous Peak art.

#12 of 47 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,985 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 07:15 AM

Matt....awesome!!!

Can't wait for the final product, I will definitely be DL'ing it. Thanks for your hard work on this. Posted Image

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#13 of 47 OFFLINE   Tommy G

Tommy G

Screenwriter

• 1,235 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 07:26 AM

Matt, I would really like the original original art. Can you do one of Tom Selleck for me? Just kidding Posted Image . Looks great!
Please release The Goodies on Region 1 DVD
My DVDs

#14 of 47 OFFLINE   Jim Robbins

Jim Robbins

Stunt Coordinator

• 236 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 09:00 AM

Your artwork looks much better. It's easier to read and less muddy.

#15 of 47 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 09:04 AM

When you get then all done Matt I'll be downloading them. Posted Image
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#16 of 47 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 09:31 AM

Matt, thanks again for keeping your website up.

Looks like I'll be running off some prints on the company color laserjet after hours. Posted Image

#17 of 47 OFFLINE   Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 10:40 AM

I'll have versions with all available poster art assuming I can find good enough source material

#18 of 47 OFFLINE   Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie

Producer

• 3,636 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 10:50 AM

Lovely work, Matt. Tell you what would be nice - a 'trilogy' cover for all the films plus bonus disc in dual-alpha size.
No longer here.

#19 of 47 OFFLINE   Richard Kim

Richard Kim

Producer

• 4,389 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 10:56 AM

Pretty good Matt, but did you have to use the beige coloring from the Fullscreen version? Couldn't you use the reddish-brown Widescreen coloring to match the box? Posted Image

#20 of 47 OFFLINE   Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 11:20 AM

I like the beige much better - but I can easily do red as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users