What's new

Custom Indiana Jones cover set (1 Viewer)

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
I wanted a cover set that used the too cool original poster art for all three films, as well as kept the proper title for Raiders. hope to have the rest completed this week. Here's a preview of Raiders though..

Raiders #1

dvdcoverart link

Raiders #2

dvdcoverart link

Temple of Doom:

dvdcoverart link

Last Crusade:

dvdcoverart link

Bonus disc:

dvdcoverart link

the brown text on the back looks like it might be hard to read, but I promise it looks just fine when printed out at full res.

any feedback is of course welcomed =)

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
Holy crap! That's beautiful! Why didn't Paramount make soemthing along these lines to begin with? I hate the way they used SOME of the poster artwork, but mainly just Big Heads and little background.

I'll download them and print them as soon as you make them available! Love 'em!

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
dvdcoverart.com is a "credit" site, which means if you contribute, you get credits to download. You can also buy credits for a very small fee (20 credits for 4 USD or something like that)...

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Matt,

it would be no problem doing a cover with that poster art, the problem is finding a high quality source. I've been unable to find anything on the web, so for the cover above I actually scanned my old laserdisc jacket and did a bit of cleanup on it.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The original LP release of the films soundtrack used the original poster art.

Matt, do you plan on making cover art for the Best Buy bonus disc? Also Temple of Doom also had another poster made which showed Indy standing outside the temple with a sword and the whip. It was a great poster. If possible maybe you could do a series and then we could pick and choose the artwork.

This one looks very nice. Good job!

Neil

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
nice job Matt.
looking close, it seems to be a faint image of a map on the back of the jacket.
i think that would be a great idea for a back cover background- a low contrast, old style, map of the region.

i also planned to make my own jacket and have several high quality sources for the original 81 style artwork.
just needed the upc code and back cover specs to do it right.
now if i can dig up an interesting map design, i'll be good to go.
i don't know if realitycrash is still up and running but they've hosted some covers i've done in the past- i'll have to get in touch with them or find another site.

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Neil,

I'll make a cover for it if I get a chance and get a copy of it. I didn't get my set from BB so I didn't get a copy of it.

I have a nice version of that TOD artwork and will definitely do a cover with it, in addition to the other poster art.

Paul,

there is a map of Egypt and the surronding area overlayed on the entire background. TOD will have one of India, and LC one of Europe. I'd love to get my hands on any hi-res poster art you have...drop me an email if you would please

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Matt,
i'm on a pretty crappy dial-up at the moment, so anything over 400k would be a problem, but i'll see what i can get for ya, drop me a pm wih your e-mail and i will send it out when i get a chance.

assuming i can run across a map style i like, i will probably forego using any other textures over it.

i probably still have some promo posters for TOD that were given out at the premiere party (the advance shot that has a med shot of Ford with a Machette with the tag line "trust him".
that would make an interesting alternative cover to the typical (but nicely done) Drew S montage.

i wish i could find my copy of the Lp of the film dialouge soundtrack. that had a very nice reproduction of the Italian one sheet art- very dark and moody with some beautiful blue tones (this would be Raiders).
it was also used as the cover of the American Cinetographer issue dedicated to the film (which i unfortuantely sold off already).

i also recently came across some nice Peak artwork done for Excalibur and hope to finally get those jackets done as well as an updating of the first Superman movie, with a much larger, higher res shot of the fabulous Peak art.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Matt....awesome!!!

Can't wait for the final product, I will definitely be DL'ing it. Thanks for your hard work on this. :)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Matt, I would really like the original original art. Can you do one of Tom Selleck for me? Just kidding :D . Looks great!

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Matt, thanks again for keeping your website up.

Looks like I'll be running off some prints on the company color laserjet after hours. ;)

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Lovely work, Matt. Tell you what would be nice - a 'trilogy' cover for all the films plus bonus disc in dual-alpha size.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good Matt, but did you have to use the beige coloring from the Fullscreen version? Couldn't you use the reddish-brown Widescreen coloring to match the box? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks