Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Are there any current Amazon coupons out there?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Bolivar G

Bolivar G

Second Unit

• 318 posts

Posted October 18 2003 - 06:38 PM

I want to get Sopranos 4th season from there. Seem to have the best price on it. 64.99 , I want to know if there are any coupons out there I can use on top of this price.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Pete_S

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 240 posts

Posted October 19 2003 - 06:00 AM

Amazon coupons are a rarity these days, but if you use Share the Love (one person buys, then sends a 10% off coupon for that same item to as many people as he wants) you can get a better deal.

Check out the Share the Love forum at DVDtalk.

http://www.dvdtalk.c....?s=&forumid=36

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Bolivar G

Bolivar G

Second Unit

• 318 posts

Posted October 19 2003 - 03:28 PM

Not sure how this works. But someone has to buy the exact same item as you to send this 10% coupon?

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Pete_S

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 240 posts

Posted October 20 2003 - 03:49 AM

Yep, if you've ordered from Amazon in the past year or two you've been given the option at the last step of the checkout process. You can enter email addresses of friends to "share the love" on the particular item(s) you just ordered.

The Share the Love forum at DVDtalk is set up just for sharing the love. You can add your email address to a thread requesting that someone who's placing an order will enter your email address as they're checking out. It might take a couple of days, but usually someone will end up sending you the 10% discount. You'll get an email from Amazon informing you that you have 7 days (I think) to take advantage of the discount Just make sure you place the order through the "Share the Love" part of your account to get the 10% off.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Ike

Ike

Screenwriter

• 1,677 posts

Posted October 20 2003 - 09:06 AM

Buy.com has it for $65 after rebate. I personally am not that big a fan of Amazon, and do like Buy, so that would influence my decision.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Bolivar G

Bolivar G

Second Unit

• 318 posts

Posted October 20 2003 - 03:39 PM

Buy.com charges me sales tax, amazon doesnt. Buy only charges sales tax like in 3 states and im one of themPosted Image