Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help with error message...please !

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   kevin_tomb

kevin_tomb

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted October 17 2003 - 03:19 PM

My computer got infected with some viruses and several ad downloaders etc....nothing really serious. I used Mcaffee to emininate them, and all seemed good for a few days, but now im getting an error message when im in the internet. Usually happens when I try to open explorer and it starts to load my home page, which is YAHOO.COM. Or sometimes when clicking on a link on a page I will get the error as it attempts to open the link

The error I get is: EXPLORER HAS CAUSED A PROBLEM WITH MSVBVM60.DLL. (etc)
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this to stop?...Also I have pop up ads appearing now, even though I have a pop up blocker...it sucks !!
Any help will be greatly appreciated

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   John*Jones

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted October 17 2003 - 04:51 PM

Well, whenever I get a message like that I try replacing the dll file. Here
is download for that dll file. Just find where that dll file is on your harddrive and replace it...it could just be corrupt. Mind you, this may not be an ideal fix, but it usually works for me. Of course it could just be a malicious program on your machine. I'd also suggest running Spybot or Ad-aware...they're really good at ferreting out nasty little bugs.