What's new

NBC reruns 10/16/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
NBC won't be competing with Game 7 of the ALCS tonight on Fox (Red Sox vs .Yankees), and will be showing reruns tonight. Overheard on the radio.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gleaned from elsewhere, this is most likely the rerun schedule:

Friends: THE ONE WITH ROSS'S INAPPROPRIATE SONG (Originally aired 11/14/02)

TALE OF THE TAPE KNOCKS OUT CHANDLER -- When an insecure Chandler (Matttew Perry) drags Joey (Matt LeBlanc) along with him to secretly inspect an apartment put up for sale by his former romantic rival, Richard, the pair are aghast to discover an old videotape that possibly showcases Monica (Courteney Cox Arquette) in compromising positions. Elsewhere, Ross (David Schwimmer) accidentally discovers that singing the suggestive lyrics to "Baby Got Back" is the only way to get baby Emma to sleep but fears telling Rachel (Jennifer Aniston), and Phoebe (Lisa Kudrow) self-destructs when she tries to make a good impression at a dinner party hosted by the huffy parents of her new boyfriend Mike (guest star Paul Rudd, "The Cider House Rules").

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scrubs: MY BIG BROTHER (Originally aired 10/31/02)

TOM CAVANAGH GUEST STARS IN A SPECIAL HALLOWEEN EPISODE -- J.D. (Zach Braff) gets a surprise visit from his ne'er-do-well brother Dan (guest star Tom Cavanagh, NBC's "Ed"), and becomes jealous when he and Elliot (Sarah Chalke) hit it off. Meanwhile, Turk (Donald Faison) feels guilty after betting Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) $20 that surgery would save a patient's life. Judy Reyes, Neil Flynn and Ken Jenkins also star.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will & Grace: WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST (Orignally aired 2/13/03)

DEMI MOORE AND ROSANNA ARQUETTE GUEST-STAR -- Jack (Sean Hayes) reconnects with his childhood babysitter (guest star Demi Moore, "A Few Good Men") and falls back into childhood patterns, befuddling Will (Eric McCormack). Meanwhile, Grace (Debra Messing) has a girl's night out in Brooklyn with Karen (Megan Mullally), Rosario (Shelley Morrison), Ellen (guest Leigh-Allyn Baker) and new neighbor Julie (guest star Rosanna Arquette) and offends Karen when she doesn't take her advice regarding Leo.

Whoopi THE VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY (Originally aired 10/14/03)

WILL MOTORMOUTH MAVIS GO BUSH LEAGUE AFTER ENCOUNTER WITH FRIENDLY PRESIDENT? -- After a chance encounter with President Bush (guest star Steve Bridges) when his motorcade stops at the Lamont Hotel, Mavis (Whoopi Goldberg) cannot mouth off to the Commander in Chief after he recognizes her and pays homage to her singing talents -- but she clashes with Republican Courtney (Wren T. Brown) when Bush graciously invites her for a face-to-face meeting. Later, while out of place at a GOP function, a sassy Mavis drinks, smokes and speaks her mind -- and soon gets up-close-and-personal with the Secret Service. Omid Djalili and Elizabeth Regen also star.

ER: THE ADVOCATE_(Originally aired 3/13/03)

CAN DR. WEAVER FIND HER WAY OUT OF A DEEP ETHICAL WORMHOLE? -- Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) finds herself in a deep hole when she bends the rules to treat the syphilitic lover of her powerful new patron -- Alderman Bright (guest star Bruce Weitz, "Hill Street Blues") -- but when the patient has a severe allergic reaction, she desperately tries to cover her tracks and compromises her ethics even further. In the meantime, Weaver's career continues to get a boost at the expense of a stubborn Dr. Romano (Paul McCrane) and Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) and Abby (Maura Tierney) reassess their relationship. Elsewhere: Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) ruminates aloud on his star-crossed career path while he ministers to a rebellious teenaged girl who claims she was sexually abused at a boot camp for wayward youths, and Carter cares for a nasty middle-aged woman who's slowly being poisoned. Alex Kingston, Ming-Na, Sherry Stringfield and Sharif Atkins also star.

Ricky Cash

Agent
Does anone remember the last time the other networks ran away from baseball. I am a big baseball fan and have noticed I have been more interested in the playoffs than I have in a
long time.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Great news, now I can watch Cavaliers - Lakers on TNT tonight, without worrying about missing the NBC shows. :D

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Here is an article from the 10/16 St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
NBC pulling new episodes of 'Friends,' 'ER' off tonight's schedule By Gail Pennington
Post-Dispatch
10/16/2003

Caving in to the long-running baseball playoffs, NBC is pulling new episodes of "Friends," "ER" and other Thursday night hits off tonight's schedule in favor of reruns.

On Wednesday, the network did the same thing, yanking scheduled new episodes of "The West Wing" and "Law & Order." Fans upset not to find "The West Wing" in its usual time slot (where a rerun of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" aired instead) pelted KSDK (Channel 5) and the Post-Dispatch with angry questions. The last-minute decision was made long after TV listings were printed.

Both the National League and American League championship series went to pivotal seventh games, with the Florida Marlins defeating the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday and the New York Yankees taking on the Boston Red Sox tonight.

Networks typically make just 22 episodes of each series per season and are reluctant to waste them when viewership might be low. "We felt it was in the best interest to hold the original episodes for a later date," NBC said in a statement printed on KSDK's Web site. "Your viewers are not missing anything, and the story lines they have been following this season will continue."

Next week's "West Wing" had already been scheduled as a repeat. Game 4 of the World Series will air that night on Fox.

In addition, NBC will air repeats next Thursday. November sweeps start Oct. 30, so new episodes of all shows will certainly be seen for four weeks after that.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
It seems like the general public has tired of the same old formalatic tv and are embracing reality tv (fear factor, and extrmem makover are up over last years #s), and whats more real than Baseball, the playofffs are up an astounding 35%.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was really shocked how everyone...or almost everyone...ran from baseball like it was the plague. NBC was all reruns last night, UPN is pulling a new Enterprise next week and replacing it with a rerun of the season premiere. I think Smackdown was new yesterday (don't watch regularly anyway); I can't say about CBS and ABC.

It's just...very odd. Even during the SuperBowl, someone is playing something new at halftime. Nothing last night.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
let's just hope game 6 of the world series doens't postpone next thursday's shows.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
let's just hope game 6 of the world series doens't postpone next thursday's shows.
I think next Thursday's NBC shows were already planned to be reruns.

I've read that the ratings for the playoffs were higher than they've been for years, mainly due to the intense interest generated by the "cursed" Cubbies & Red Sox. This is why NBC & CBS decided at the last minute to get out of the way.

Now that we have the Yankees & the Marlins in the Series, I wonder if all the extra interest will fade. For most of us outside of New York, the Yankees in the Series AGAIN is just boring.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
http://www.msnbc.com/news/981623.asp

NBC’s postponement of “The West Wing” Wednesday bewildered and angered many viewers.

The episode promoted for this week will be on next Wednesday.

NBC is betting that the World Series will not be as popular as the playoffs, now that the Cubs are eliminated. NBC had been planning to air several reruns next week so as not to compete with the World Series, and now will replace them with originals.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Great, now it will be two weeks of nothing on tv. I was hoping to have something other than baseball on to watch. Isn't that why there are more than one channel? The other networks should just pull the plug and put up a test signal with the words "We are watching baseball, two channels up". :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks