What's new

Help me with a wedding gift for my soon wife (1 Viewer)

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Hello, all.

I'm getting married on the 25th of this month, and apparently need to buy my soon-to-be wife Doreen a wedding gift. I'm a terrible gift thinker-upper, and could use some ideas. Anyone? What did you buy?

Also- Don't forget about her on Sweetest Day, either. It's this Saturday...:D

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
While on your honeymoon is the best time to do it. Thats when I did. Dont give it to her at the reception.

Try and find a nice pair of earrings or a diamond bracelet that match the wedding ring pattern/shape. That would be nice.:emoji_thumbsup: :D

You don't HAVE To. It's not a rule or anything but it IS nice to do. Don't buy her a blender though for Gods sake!

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I gave my bride a pair of earrings that matched her engagement ring. I gave them to her the night before the wedding, so that she could wear them with her gown.

She gave me a new watch to wear for the wedding. Since we both had already spent so much on the wedding, neither gift was over $250.

Congratulations on your wedding. I got married last month, on the 28th. It's been great so far! Have a lot of fun!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget about her on Sweetest Day, either. It's this Saturday
What's this Saturday? her Birthday?

If you want a gift, I'd suggest a great gift idea would be to have a mod delete and shred this thread :D If she ever found out that you couldn't think of a gift on your own, it may be the kiss of death. :laugh:

Just kidding.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"it may be the kiss of death" if that's the case just get her an APEX or Clairtone DVD player:)

B

bruce townley

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my wife a bracelet for the wedding. Of those who ANSWERED:) it would appear that Jewelry is the predominate choice.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Good Christ! Do spouses think they deserve gifts every day of the year now? This is really getting out of control.

I always thought the bride's gift was the wedding reception itself, how she gets to plan it and spend thousands of dollars on it. :rolleyes

Another meaningless Hallmark holiday. See first paragraph, above. :rolleyes:x2

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
How is anyone going to know who is cheating anymore with everyone giving gifts all the time?

And I agree, jewelry is the only choice.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm, that article was insane!
Nowadays, many husbands are expected to buy expensive*presents to thank their wives for dealing with pregnancy and "pushing" through labor
:rolleyes:- I was at the dentist last week and I was talking to this woman. We both had back surgery and were comparing stories of pain. I had 3 epidural (sp?) shots when my back was screwed up and she said how she had the same. She then admitted (as many women have) that her back surgery was WORSE than any of her pregnancies. :eek:

What did I get for the pain I went through? Jack! Pain is a part of life...So when the article says to thank your wife for "dealing" with the pregnancy, I say "Deal" with it, you're getting a child, that should be more than enough thanks. :D

Ok, sorry about the rant...

I'm still waiting for Scott to answer my question about this Sat. This Sat. is the 18th and you're getting married on the 25th, so what is on the 18th that you have to buy a gift?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
it is sweetest day
Oh Man! That's it, I'm going to start a company that sells crap and create a holiday called "Buy your partner a gift day" and make it EVERY day of the year! :D

I'll put out ads that say stuff like "If you don't get a gift every day, your sweety doesn't love you!" (Insert evil laugh) :D

back to the topic:
If you want something truly special, find something that doesn't cost much but means a lot to her. Everyone thinks that expensive gifts are the way to show someone how much you love them, but anyone can spend money, it's the thought and effort that should be the important part.

The best gift I ever gave a woman was something that only cost me the price of a stamp. I wrote a song about her and had it copyrighted. :)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Sweetest day? I grew up in the Midwest for 22 years and I have never heard of it. If you really want to be romantic, give gifts for no reason on just any random day, not just because Hallmark says to. How unromantic is that? Some enormous faceless company telling you when and how to seduce your mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks