What's new

Pearl Harbor Announced For Dec Any News On Extras Yet? (1 Viewer)

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Buena Vista have announced that on there web site that this will recieve a December release.
Any news on the extras front yet.
Thanks a lot :)
------------------
wallsmallbladerunner5.jpg

"You've done a man's job sir. I guess you're through"

Frank L

Stunt Coordinator
This is what David Prior (Producer for the DVD) had to say on a recent thread:
We've taken great pains to make sure the packaging of Pearl Harbor is special and unique. Disney has done an outstanding job with the mockups so far; it will be very nice.
As far as the specs go, I must defer to Disney's timetable for releasing that information, but suffice to say we're dealing with a long movie and many hours of extremely cool supplements.
If there is interest, I'll confer with Disney about releasing some specifics to this forum as soon as possible.
Cheers,
David Prior
Maybe now that the disc has been announced Mr. Prior can give us some hints :)
F

David-alexander

Stunt Coordinator
well, if they keep the French and Spanish 5.1, sure won't be space enough.
the way they did Unbreakable, anything is possible
biggrin.gif

YANG

Screenwriter
"Maybe, but I wouldn't count on DTS unless the film is spread over two discs. With over a three-hour running time, there may not be enough space for both DD and DTS on a single disc."
If you have THE THIN RED LINE DTS DVD,you will know whether can they(DISNEY mastering team) squeeze in 3hrs++ PEARL HARBOUR into a dual layer disc.
THIN RED LINE DTS 5.1 is in full bit rate too!
FRENCH subtitles yes.Full 5.1 audio...no.Minus any animated menus too!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If you have THE THIN RED LINE DTS DVD,you will know whether can they(DISNEY mastering team) squeeze in 3hrs++ PEARL HARBOUR into a dual layer disc.
As others have already noted, it all depends on what other extras they choose to include. The Thin Red Line doesn't have many, as I recall. It also depends on how well the video compresses.
And BTW, Yang, The Thin Red Line is under three hours.
M.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I dont see how it would be so hard. Just put the DD 5.1 and dts 5.1 on the first disc. All the extras go on the second disc. Its not that hard. Ive seen it done before. Im pretty sure there would be room for a commentary too.
I love this movie and I dont want it without DTS !!!!!
Even if it isnt ill still get it.
frown.gif

In this dts with 3+ hour movies, who else wants Paramount to redo the Titanic DVD? Anamorphic is must of course. But damnit, I want my DTS!!!

David-alexander

Stunt Coordinator
smells fishy already....... argh!
I see..... artefacts, ringings, compression blocks because they will put again 4 discrete tracks to satisfy all......... I wish they'd do a superbit editon on this one, pure.
biggrin.gif

YANG

Screenwriter
There is a DTS release of DANCES WITH WOLVES in a dual layer disc,only that i can't remember is it from R4 or R2.
As i had mentioned,more space can be created if certain features are sacrificed on the first disc.One of such feature is the space taking FULL 5.1 audio of another language.Subtitles is much more better than a full 5.1 audio of this paticullar language.
Animated menus...i believe is one of the items that takes up disc space too.How much i don't know,hope that somebody can enlighten me!

David-alexander

Stunt Coordinator
THIN RED LINE was not and it has a stunning picture, while being FULL RATE dts.
if they put the french and spanish track too, they can't do it PROPERLY. if they don't, fine!!!!!
there is a difference between truth and what we are made believe to......
Link Removed

David-alexander

Stunt Coordinator
YANG: true
Dances With Wolves (theatrical version):
region 1 Image Ent. USA 1509 2-disc version.
region 2 Pathe UK 754 1-disc version.

Robert McClanahan

Stunt Coordinator
Hey how about DTS ES!I think this is going to be one of those discs where I skip to the battle scenes.I cant wait to hear the bullets hitting the concrete airfield from the zeros.I hope its in DTS.

YANG

Screenwriter
With FOX as a trend setter and leader of DTS DVD release,other studio should take note of FOX's effort and final product.
THIN RED LINE is a very good example for all.
So there is no excuse(still,it will have to depend on the studios' DVD release team to decide) for other studio not to release what most consumers wants and interested since a best swimmer had jump into the pool.
There is no need for a full bit rate for all DTS release.So PARAMOUNT,DISNEY and other studios can have no worry that DTS will degrade their releases.
PARAMOUNT-TITANIC-195mins
PARAMOUNT-BRAVEHEART-177mins(pls correct me if i'm wrong of the running time)
TOUCHSTONE-PEARL HARBOR-180mins(correct me if i'm wrong again)
COLUMBIA-PATRIOT-170mins
MGM/ORION-DANCES WITH WOLVES-180mins
WARNER-HEAT-170mins
...and others more.
"Hey how about DTS ES!"
DTSES or DDEX is possible if the back channel is not a discrete center back track...i mean 6.1 channel audio in the release.Matrix rear is more than enough.
[Edited last by YANG on August 11, 2001 at 11:20 AM]

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It's sure to have a Michael Bay commentary in which Mr. Bay comments for two-and-a-half-hours on what a fine director Michael Bay is and that he can't understand why he is so maligned by press and audiences alike. Oh, and a documentary in which Mr. Bay comments for a half-hour more on what a fine director Michael Bay is and that he can't understand why...etc.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
December 7th would be a great day to release it, but that's a Friday. I think Artisan released The Blair Witch Project on a Friday, so anything is possible.
Neil
------------------
"Conspiracy theorists don't live on the same flat Earth as the rest of us." -- astronomer Stephen Maran

Users who are viewing this thread