What's new

Freddy vs Jason vs ASH! (1 Viewer)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
The search didn't show up any info on this. According to Fangoria, New Line is seriously considering adding Bruce Campbell's Evil Dead character, Ash to the sequel to Freddy vs Jason.

I think this would be very cool. Just hearing wise-ass Ash banter with equally wise-ass Freddy would be worth the price of admission.

Though I believe that the Ash character is at Universal, isn't it?

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=1530

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Wow... as much as I would love to see this, I can't help but feel these three characters would be ruined by marketing hype.

If it is true, I hope they stay true to Campbell's character.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
What we used to have is a creepy dream stalker and a campsite mongaloid killer who for the most part was taken seriously in his early days. The friday the 13th series back in the day was attacked for being too realistic and violent. Now it is being attacked for being too unrealistic and stupid.

Now we have a comic who has lost his charm and a guy who loves taking trips to space, loves cruises, turns into demon babies, etc.

Now we want to team up both these guys with another human who cracks jokes for the entirity of the movie... Do most people even know who Ash is? If I were to tell anyone this, they would just say who?

Lets face it... They shouldnt even be considered horror anymore...

They should just market them as gory comedies. Thats all they have tuned into anyways... A sad, sad turn of events... I used to be an advocate for both series, but I now agree with others. Both series should have been laid to rest back in the 80's...

Will the project make money if it comes to pass? Probably... And we all know that money talks... Unfortunately, I am just dumb enough to endure another 90 minutes of pure pain and torture as I have with all the later movies...

Lets just hope they can pick some better actors this time around and try to make them at least a little likable... The actors in FVJ were horrendous and some of the most horrible I have even seen... The attempts at acting were just downright sad...

TedT

Second Unit
www.bloody-disgusting.com

'Evil Dead 4' News Same As Always
[ Evil Dead | Posted by: MrDisgustingon 10.11.03 @ 11:46 am ]

Source: Aint it Cool News www.aint-it-cool-news.com

I'm really starting to get sick of old news being reiterated over and over again, but I guess it's good for people who missed it the first 1000 times. Well over at Aint it Cool News, they posted some comments from Sam Raimi indicating once again that he would still love to do an Evil Dead 4. If you didn't know already, he has said this numerous times and so has Bruce, read my interview with him to see. Point is, Army of Darkness flopped, and Ash really isn't a well known name, I get the weirdest look from people when I tell them about the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash idea, ended with a "who's Ash?" So until something solid gets posted, don't get your panties in a bunch, there's been talk for years now, and maybe one day you'll hear the words "green-light."

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I don't much care for this idea. I thought that FvJ was decent, but where the hell would Ash fit in here? FvJ worked well because the fans wanted to see what happens when you throw two seemingly invincible characters at each other and have a nice bloody shakedown. I like Ash, but he just has no connection to either of these franchises. You'd have just as much right sticking him in the next Weekend at Bernies...

I'll also go on record here and say that the Michael v. Pinhead idea needs to be scrapped ASAP. Both of these characters are simply misunderstood men who just simply can not "connect" with the woman they love (Jamie Lee Curtis and Ashley Laurence). Why should they fight each other?

I'm still undecided about Aliens v. Predator. I've played the games for years, and don't have a problem with these two universes colliding. I'm just afraid that a film will try to focus on action and coolness, without staying true to the suspense and danger of either film franchise.

And what about the ultimate film horror showdown? Gigli vs. Yentyl. The horror, the horror.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Please... "No Sequel Required". As a big F13 fan, I hope this never happens. I thought FREDDY VS JASON turned out to be a very good film that took fans of both series' seriously, and delivered a very satisfying teamup for us to have a good time with. Ronny Yu got very lucky and everything clicked better than anyone ever thought it could.

But putting that buffoon, Ash, into this would really ruin a good thing. Besides, Freddy and Jason had their teamup flick already; leave well enough alone and concentrate on some other horror icons.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
While it could turn out to be really stupid, throwing Ash into the mix could be an interesting development to the Freddy and Jason series. Those movies feature teen heroes so frequently that having a formidable adult hero (with chainsaw) to go up against could add an intriguing new dimension.

It might work and even if its bad, it would at least be interesting.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'll make it even easier.

Chances of me seeing a film with Freddy and/or Jason in it at the theater? 0%.

Chances of me seeing a film with Ash in it at the theater? 100%.

Clearly, there is an audience. Even if it's just me...and it ain't.

Take care,
Chuck

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Chances of me seeing a film with Freddy and/or Jason in it at the theater? 0%.

Chances of me seeing a film with Ash in it at the theater? 100%.
So, if they make this movie, what then? You'll just spontaneously combust or something? ;)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I'll take another Ash movie any way I can get it. The potential for absolute hilarity definitely exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks