Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Anyone notice this problem with the "Mishima" DVD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Jay E

Jay E

Screenwriter

• 2,485 posts

Posted August 30 2001 - 03:55 AM

I just received my DVD of Mishima and I noticed that there is a slight jumping of the image throughout the film.
It is not very noticeable but it is annoying and I was wondering if this is a problem with the disc, the transfer or my player(a Sony). I tried it out on my friends player but it also had the same problem (his is a Sony too). I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or had the same problem? I'm very confused and I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance.

#2 of 4 John Koehler

John Koehler

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted August 30 2001 - 08:29 AM

Yes. I thought maybe I was being too finicky, but after a while, on my 50" Toshiba (with line doubler), the motion drives me batty!

I have noticed this on a handful of DVDs. My new copy of Gandhi is rock solid, image-wise. Surely the telecine transfer techs can see the difference between a solid image and one that flits about in the frame when they test drive the finished product, BEFORE sending it to production?
JohnnyK

#3 of 4 Jay E

Jay E

Screenwriter

• 2,485 posts

Posted August 31 2001 - 01:15 AM

After looking at it again, I definitely think this is a problem with the transfer and not the disc or my player. Thee top of the frame is jumping up & down and disappearing slightly against the black bar which indicates a transfer problem, not a player problem.

Another strike against Warner!

#4 of 4 ReggieW

ReggieW

Screenwriter

• 1,574 posts

Posted August 31 2001 - 03:23 AM

I have had no problem with this disc in my set-up whatsoever. I am also quite happy with the film & transfer.

Reg
More Harlow on DVD Now! - Red Dust, Bombshell, Hold Your Man, Saratoga, The Iron Man, Goldie, The Secret Six, Beast of the City, Three Wise Girls, Reckless, Personal Property, Riff-raff, Suzy & Girl from Missouri