Photo

Anyone notice this problem with the "Mishima" DVD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Jay E

Jay E

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted August 30 2001 - 03:55 AM

I just received my DVD of Mishima and I noticed that there is a slight jumping of the image throughout the film.
It is not very noticeable but it is annoying and I was wondering if this is a problem with the disc, the transfer or my player(a Sony). I tried it out on my friends player but it also had the same problem (his is a Sony too). I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or had the same problem? I'm very confused and I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance.

#2 of 4 John Koehler

John Koehler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted August 30 2001 - 08:29 AM

Yes. I thought maybe I was being too finicky, but after a while, on my 50" Toshiba (with line doubler), the motion drives me batty!

I have noticed this on a handful of DVDs. My new copy of Gandhi is rock solid, image-wise. Surely the telecine transfer techs can see the difference between a solid image and one that flits about in the frame when they test drive the finished product, BEFORE sending it to production?
JohnnyK

#3 of 4 Jay E

Jay E

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted August 31 2001 - 01:15 AM

After looking at it again, I definitely think this is a problem with the transfer and not the disc or my player. Thee top of the frame is jumping up & down and disappearing slightly against the black bar which indicates a transfer problem, not a player problem.

Another strike against Warner!

#4 of 4 ReggieW

ReggieW

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted August 31 2001 - 03:23 AM

I have had no problem with this disc in my set-up whatsoever. I am also quite happy with the film & transfer.

Reg
More Harlow on DVD Now! - Red Dust, Bombshell, Hold Your Man, Saratoga, The Iron Man, Goldie, The Secret Six, Beast of the City, Three Wise Girls, Reckless, Personal Property, Riff-raff, Suzy & Girl from Missouri