What's new

Indy DVD's on 10/21, any deals 2 be found? (1 Viewer)

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
The best deal I've found is the Costco $10 coupon when you buy the $19.99 2-packs of DVD's. I picked up Clear and Present Danger and Patriot Games (both Collector's Edition). The Indy box will cost around $33 with the coupon.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy has it listed for $44.95 on their Web site; I'm hoping they will drop it to $39.95.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Any guesses to what the B&M prices might be? The last time I ordered a new release B&M's had it cheeper and my shipment did not arrive til it had been out on the shelves for 4 days and it was a catalog title also!:angry:

Wes

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Any guesses to what the B&M prices might be? The last time I ordered a new release B&M's had it cheeper and my shipment did not arrive til it had been out on the shelves for 4 days and it was a catalog title also!
For "big" releases I almost always go the B&M route. They almost always beat on line prices.

I never thought I'd say this, but my DVD/CD retailer of choice lately has been good old Walmart. I picked up "Lion King" week for $14 and change. Die Another Day was $13 something when it came out.

My local Walmart has IJ promotional material all over. I'd be shocked if they didn't have an opening week price below $40.

One interesting thing about Walmart though is that different stores in the same city will have different prices. For example while I got Lion King in the $14 range, another Walmart on the other side of town was charging a dollar more for the same item.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
BJs has a whole bunch of cheap DVDs (the best title to my eye was Chinatown) which have $5 off coupons on the boxes for Indy if you buy it there.

Neil

jimbo w

Stunt Coordinator
I went with the costco 2 pk (we were soldiers/apocolypse now) for 19.99 and a 10 dollar off coupon for indy. 2 packs vary but all are good deals

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah I went the Share the Love route at amazon, in fact I've done that recently on most of the new box sets coming out. I figure it's going to be around $40 at the B&M's and if it'll Save me the trip I would rather have it come to my door. Of course it'll probably 35 bucks on Black Friday but it's not worth it to stand in crowds for 2 hrs to save 5 bucks

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Target told me that they plan to sell Indy box set for $44.99 on street date, and that I'll "see it in the ad that way". That's direct from an employee.

Don't take that as the final answer, though. I don't think he's high enough on the food chain to know the really secret cool stuff. :)

Food for thought, tough.

Nick Cerretti

Stunt Coordinator
What is this mysterious "Share the Love" :confused:

I figure there will be some B&M with a sub-$40 price tag, but I have a juicy gift certificate for Amazon. However, if I'm going to be paying almost 10 bucks more...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Target told me that they plan to sell Indy box set for $44.99 on street date, and that I'll "see it in the ad that way". That's direct from an employee.

Don't take that as the final answer, though. I don't think he's high enough on the food chain to know the really secret cool stuff.
Those that have seen the Target ad for 10/19 and post on another forum that shall go nameless report the following:

Indiana Jones - Low Price (Available in full and widescreen, Free 12-pk of Dr. Pepper)

*Note* Indiana Jones is pictures next to Dark Angel... a strong indication that it will be 45.99

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the clarification, David (Williams). The free soda was mentioned in passing but I forgot about it. I guess the "next to" pricing is just such a given in Target's ads that the employee didn't think to much about it. As to the difference of $1...well, $45.99 is rather an odd amount, don't you think?

Well, BB.com is already showing Indy for $44.99, and it could go down from there. Plus they'll have the 10-minute-long (IIRC) bonus disc. Hey, that's better than Dr. Pepper (which I can't stand anyway).

CC.com says $49.99 right now, but that's certain to change.

Costco.com shows $42.99, for best current overall price (but no freebies, of course). Plus you can go to Costco right now and buy one of several Paramount DVD 2-Packs for $19.99 (combos like "Patriot Games SE" & "CaP Danger SE", among others) and it has a coupon on it - good only at Costco - for savings on Indy. I think the savings is $10. None of the combos interested me, because I owned most or all of the films involved, so I don't have this coupon. :frowning:

Samsclub.com is offline right now, so no way to check them.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
David,
I'm not sure if this has been covered somewhere else, but do you have any information as to what is on this 10 minute long bonus disc which appears to be a Best Buy exclusive? I believe I can get this set cheaper and was wondering if this bonus disc is worth the extra bucks? Thanks.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
It's looking less likely that Best Buy will have this for $39.99. BestBuy.com usually updates their website on Wed. with the following weeks loss leaders. The other 2 big releases for next week, 28 Days later and Charlie's Angels:FT are now showing up as $17.99 instead of the previous $19.99. The WS Jones box set is still showing as $44.99 and if you click on the fullscreen version it shows normal price $58.99 sale $44.99

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
For those that like ordering from Outpost.com, they have the set available now for $39.99...if you're a first time buyer, you can probaly knock another $5.00 off the total.

Howie

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Looking at outpost.com right now, that $39.99 price is for the pan and scan version, while the widescreen is $44.49.

Neil

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Try to get Share the Love it's the Best Price I've seen 40.94 shipped, although you might have to wait a bit for the free shippiong

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks