What's new

svs 25-31 PCi (1 Viewer)

frank<t

Auditioning
does anyone has this sub?? I'm thinking in buying it i need some help. for the money I dont think I could go wrong??? please help

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Help in what way? I have this sub (tuned to 22 Hz) and love it. Everything anyone said it was and more for the money. What types of questions do you have?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
It is a great sub....i had then one and then jumped up to the PC+ and was glad I did......

Dan Da Silva

Stunt Coordinator
I have had this sub for about a year now and I love it, definetly the best purchase I have made for my theater besides the 47 inch widescreen. Get it you'll love it.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
I received my SVS 25-31PCi on April 2002**, and powering up and sampling my first SVS DVD demo (Toy Story 2 - THX & Movie Intro) after I REF Calibrated the whole setup using Video Essentials dedicated LFE test tone, ... I knew that this sub was special and was staying!!!

After watching my last few blockbuster DVD's @ -10 dB below REF Level (Daredevil; Star Trek Nemesis; Die Another Day; The Core; etc.) ... I still have this grin that first developed last April 2002!!! It's the very same, first day impression that says ... "I have an SVS" grin!!!

**FYI: Read my HTF My NEW 25-31PCi vs. SW15 Review..

NOTE: I just received the latest Gordon Goodwin - The Big Phat Band DVD-Audio titled "XXL", and if you want another 20Hz to 20 kHz / 5.1 surround demo highlighting Tenor Sax (Michael Brecker), Clarinet (Eddie Daniels), upright bass, drum solos and voice tracks by Brian McKnight & Take 6, ... this is the DVD-Audio to get!!!

It's music like this that highlights the SVS ability to musically distinguish the sound resolution between the bass drum, electric bass and upright bass harmonics!!! - "XXL" is highly recommended - as well as the band's debut recording "Swingin' For The Fences" (Silverline Records), which received two Grammy nominations and is a best-selling jazz item in the DVD 5.1 surround-sound format.

SVS customer service and communication is top notch, matching the dynamic quality of their subwoofers!!!

For a more detailed subjective and objective Review, read John E. Johnson, Jr. - Dec. '02 SVS 25-31 PCi Powered Subwoofer Review!

Phil

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator
I have one with the 22hz tuning option(no cost). I also wear a "SVS grin" - I love mine, best investment in my theater to date.

frank<t

Auditioning
I don't know if I should buy a cylinder type sub or a box sub I don't like looking at a black box so I thought in buying a cylinder sub so I could put it behind a my sofa where nobody could see it I have read so many posts between SVS subs, pros and cons vs Hsu subs One thing I like about the SVS 25-31pci is that it has a built in amp vs HSU that you need a separate amp for extra money. I'm on a tight budget!! SVS subs are U.S.A. made vs china made woofer's etc

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Frank,

In case you were wondering, indeed many folks do lay SVS cylinder subs on their sides. Keep the amp controls where you can get them (input and power cords need to come of course) and you are all set.

And thanks for noticing SVS's "Made in the USA" heritage too. We're all for a "world economy", but the more skilled manufacturing jobs we lose in this country, the more important our local crew and circle of suppliers becomes to us.

Maybe we're old-fashioned.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks