Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

svs 25-31 PCi

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   frank

frank

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 03:03 AM

does anyone has this sub?? I'm thinking in buying it i need some help. for the money I dont think I could go wrong??? please help

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,530 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 03:19 AM

Help in what way? I have this sub (tuned to 22 Hz) and love it. Everything anyone said it was and more for the money. What types of questions do you have?

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   MarkyM

MarkyM

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 03:20 AM

Buy it and be happy!!!! You will not be dissapointed....

Posted Image Posted Image
Eliab/Dave Abrams calibrated 47" Panny
Yamaha,NAD,Toshiba "in the rack"
Paradigm all around
SVS on the floor

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   ChadLB

ChadLB

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 03:33 AM

It is a great sub....i had then one and then jumped up to the PC+ and was glad I did......

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Dan Da Silva

Dan Da Silva

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 05:39 AM

I have had this sub for about a year now and I love it, definetly the best purchase I have made for my theater besides the 47 inch widescreen. Get it you'll love it.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

• 1,868 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 07:46 AM

I received my SVS 25-31PCi on April 2002**, and powering up and sampling my first SVS DVD demo (Toy Story 2 - THX & Movie Intro) after I REF Calibrated the whole setup using Video Essentials dedicated LFE test tone, ... I knew that this sub was special and was staying!!!

After watching my last few blockbuster DVD's @ -10 dB below REF Level (Daredevil; Star Trek Nemesis; Die Another Day; The Core; etc.) ... I still have this grin that first developed last April 2002!!! It's the very same, first day impression that says ... "I have an SVS" grin!!!

**FYI: Read my HTF My NEW 25-31PCi vs. SW15 Review..

NOTE: I just received the latest Gordon Goodwin - The Big Phat Band DVD-Audio titled "XXL", and if you want another 20Hz to 20 kHz / 5.1 surround demo highlighting Tenor Sax (Michael Brecker), Clarinet (Eddie Daniels), upright bass, drum solos and voice tracks by Brian McKnight & Take 6, ... this is the DVD-Audio to get!!!

It's music like this that highlights the SVS ability to musically distinguish the sound resolution between the bass drum, electric bass and upright bass harmonics!!! - "XXL" is highly recommended - as well as the band's debut recording "Swingin' For The Fences" (Silverline Records), which received two Grammy nominations and is a best-selling jazz item in the DVD 5.1 surround-sound format.

SVS customer service and communication is top notch, matching the dynamic quality of their subwoofers!!!

For a more detailed subjective and objective Review, read John E. Johnson, Jr. - Dec. '02 SVS 25-31 PCi Powered Subwoofer Review!

Phil
My HT Enthusiasts Google Website
---- Toshiba 62HM196 62" 1080p DLP HDTV pic's (#1 in Consumer Reports)
DVD Aficionado (DVDAF) on-going list.
Acquisition Rule #59 “Free advice is seldom cheap.” (Quark @ DS9)
JBL S-Series + SVS 25-31PCi (SN: 00034) w/NSD Upgrade!

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   ChadTR

ChadTR

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 08:38 AM

frank

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   EarleD

EarleD

Supporting Actor

• 733 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 11:36 AM

GREAT SUB. Wont disapoint. Earle

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Jason Reich

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 01:37 PM

I have one with the 22hz tuning option(no cost). I also wear a "SVS grin" - I love mine, best investment in my theater to date.
Jason

Audi- Four Rings to Rule them All!

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   frank

frank

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted October 11 2003 - 03:07 AM

I don't know if I should buy a cylinder type sub or a box sub I don't like looking at a black box so I thought in buying a cylinder sub so I could put it behind a my sofa where nobody could see it I have read so many posts between SVS subs, pros and cons vs Hsu subs One thing I like about the SVS 25-31pci is that it has a built in amp vs HSU that you need a separate amp for extra money. I'm on a tight budget!! SVS subs are U.S.A. made vs china made woofer's etc

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter

• 1,074 posts

Posted October 11 2003 - 04:40 AM

Frank, In case you were wondering, indeed many folks do lay SVS cylinder subs on their sides. Keep the amp controls where you can get them (input and power cords need to come of course) and you are all set. And thanks for noticing SVS's "Made in the USA" heritage too. We're all for a "world economy", but the more skilled manufacturing jobs we lose in this country, the more important our local crew and circle of suppliers becomes to us. Maybe we're old-fashioned. Ron

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   ScottCarr

ScottCarr

Second Unit

• 459 posts

Posted October 11 2003 - 06:12 AM

Frank,
Over on the klipsch forum, http://forums.klipsch.com/ ,
Easylistener , Dan, runs his SVS 25-31pci on its side. I am sure he would be more than happy to share his experience.

Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users