Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Zelda Compilation on its way

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 of 26 OFFLINE   Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 07:32 AM

As you can see Here a Zelda compilation disc is coming.
It includes the original legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
The only bad news is that no one knows if the disc will be offered separately or just bundled with a new gamecube.

Either way, its about time we got this. Between this and the Mega Man compilation, I'm psyched for some old school gaming.

JQ

#2 of 26 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,186 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 07:41 AM

They should have included Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. Either way, it's cool.

#3 of 26 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 08 2003 - 08:17 AM

http://www.hometheat....ighlight=zelda

Posted Image

#4 of 26 OFFLINE   Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
http://www.hometheat...highlight=zelda

Oops, my bad. :b

JQ

#5 of 26 OFFLINE   Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Producer

• 4,528 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 02:03 PM

They better make it available outside the bundle or there will be many-a-pissed fan.

Heck, I will probably just buy another GameCube if they don't. Posted Image

#6 of 26 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 03:18 PM

I'll buy another Gamecube if they put out a see-thru dark blue one.....

I'll also buy a Zelda compilaton disc, Mario Kart disc (as long as it includes the original SNES version) and, of course, a Mario Bros disc.
Kyle McKnight

#7 of 26 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 08 2003 - 03:44 PM

It's okay, Jason. That thread fell off a while back. Posted Image

I want Majora's Mask on the Cube real bad. I hope it'll be sold separately, but I'd have to consider the "second Cube" route if not. They really shouldn't penalize the rest of us, though. I'm going to assume we'll be able to get it somehow.

#8 of 26 OFFLINE   Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter

• 1,130 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 08:24 PM

Anyone have any idea when this is coming out?

Thanks.

#9 of 26 OFFLINE   Steve Y

Steve Y

Supporting Actor

• 704 posts

Posted October 09 2003 - 11:50 AM

I love Majora's Mask. Really underrated. It's a messier, funnier, more unruly game with lots more to do (Ocarina has a smoother and more linear story). This is good news.

The fact they are releasing Zelda I + II is better news than it seems. It means they won't be re-releasing it on GBA and charging us $30-a-pop.

steve

#10 of 26 OFFLINE   Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted October 09 2003 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
Anyone have any idea when this is coming out?

The Gamecube / Zelda Compilation disc bundle is supposed to be hitting the shelves in time for the holidays.

No word on the disc by itself.

Quote:
I love Majora's Mask. Really underrated. It's a messier, funnier, more unruly game with lots more to do (Ocarina has a smoother and more linear story). This is good news.

This is the only one I havent gotten to play. I got it as a birthday or Xmas gift when it came out, but I was a sophomore in college and didn't have any room to bring my 64 to school. So my brother played it instead. Figured I'd hold out and play the re-release (hopefully cleaned up just a bit like they did for OoT).

JQ

#11 of 26 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 09 2003 - 03:45 PM

I bought an N64 just for Majora's Mask, and I ended up playing through it twice in a row, with only a break of a week or two between playing. I've replayed epic games before, but not that quickly. It's usually years between plays. Which is to say, it's a wonderful game and my favorite of the Zelda games by far.

#12 of 26 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted October 09 2003 - 04:34 PM

I'll buy it if it comes out.

#13 of 26 OFFLINE   Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter

• 1,302 posts

Posted October 09 2003 - 04:59 PM

This is almost enough to get me to buy a Gamecube. What would be enough? The inclusion of Link's Awakening and the three games that were released on the CD-i...
"It is not, and never should be, the policy of the law to require the protection of the foolhardy or reckless few and therefore to deprive, or interfere with, the enjoyment by the remainder of society of the liberties and amenities to which they are rightly entitled." -unknown

#14 of 26 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter

• 1,117 posts

Posted October 09 2003 - 09:54 PM

Andy;

Why on God's green earth would you want to own those CD-i games? Furthermore, why would those POS games motivate you to buy a GameCube?
-J.Fo

#15 of 26 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 04:03 AM

You can play Link's Awakening DX on the gamecube through the GBA player. They won't include any Zelda game that can be played in this manner, I guarantee you.

This deal has me tempted to either buy a second gamecube, or find someone on my christmas list who wouldn't be offended by getting this package sans disc.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#16 of 26 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 04:04 AM

Also, the CD-i games were said to have been REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. These games were not made with anyone from Nintendo on board. They were just licensed characters with BAD game designers.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#17 of 26 OFFLINE   RobBenton

RobBenton

Stunt Coordinator

• 159 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 04:56 AM

What is link's awakening? I doubt you will need to buy a second game cube.. you can easily find the ocarina of time bonus disc on ebay or half.com for very cheap.. you might have to wait a few months but you will probably be able to buy this disc the same way.

#18 of 26 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 10 2003 - 07:20 AM

Link's Awakening was the first Gameboy Zelda game. It was originally b&w, but was later released in color (as Link's Awakening DX) with some bonus features to take advantage of the then-new Color Gameboy's capabilities.

#19 of 26 OFFLINE   Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter

• 1,130 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 08:15 AM

Yes, I figure that any game already on Gameboy Advance will not be in a disc like this...

It's the same reason why we will never probably see a Mario Disc like this... Nintendo is making way too much money releasing them all for Gameboy Advance at $30 a piece... The Mario Advance series has sold very well...

Super Mario 3 comes out later this month... And yes, I will be paying the $30... I just love the game...

I have the Gameboy attachment for the Gamecube... It works well enough... It's great for Gameboy Advance games... Probably because they are 32 bit games... But, Gameboy Color and Gameboy games look like your playing the original Nintendo and Atari all over again...

#20 of 26 OFFLINE   Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter

• 1,494 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 11:40 AM

Is Link's Aeakening DX still for sale? I wouldn't mind picking that one up, along with the Oracle Games. This bundle, if true, would be enough to get me too buy a GC in addition to my roommate's. What the hell, I graduate in a few months anyway, it's a hundred bucks, and I'll need one afterwards. This is as good a reason to buy as any.

Forum Nav Content I Follow