Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Gilmore Girls 10/7/03

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,214 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 12:00 AM

Rory isn't pleased when Emily decided to play interior decorator in her dorm suite. The dorm party was a little shrill due to Paris. The scenes between Lorelai and Sookie were a bit painful to watch as they try to figure out how to make their temporary catering venture work. Will we ever hear that 4th roommate speak? Rory and Lorelai's conversations didn't seem to have that patented GG vibe/punch to them. But still, the episode was better than over half of what I normally watch.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 12:10 AM

It was good to see Lanie make a brief cameo as well, looks like she is going to a local Korean College. We also got a glimpse of the future love interest of Rory on the floor naked after the dorm party.

The catering business seems like a good idea to bridge the time before their own inn becomes a reality.

I liked that surround sound and plasma system that Grandma had hooked up for Rory Posted Image

Lorelie needs a man in her life soon.

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,146 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted October 08 2003 - 01:53 AM

I liked this episode a lot better than the first two of the season, but they are still spending way too much time setting up future events (e.g. the whole "Digger" subplot). The college and kids parties were both a hoot, though, which is why this episode has the edge over its predecessors. Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 02:05 AM

[quote] Lorelie needs a man in her life soon. [quote] You did notice Chris Eigeman in the opening credits, right? Posted Image As a graduate of the Whit Stillman School of Reciting A Lot Of Dialog, he might even be able to actually get a word in edgewise with her.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,214 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 02:06 AM

I was shocked to see that guy who partners up with Richard in the opening credits. I know I've seen him on other comedies, and I think he was in "The Last Days of Disco". Searching...searching...ah, the new guy's name is Chris Eigeman.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,954 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted October 08 2003 - 05:50 AM

Rory gets a nifty new haircut for the next ep! Makes her look more grown up/Ivy League.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,214 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 06:09 AM

I didn't like that shorter cut on Rory. Oh, if anyone cares, I spotted Milo (Jess) on Boston Public, and he appears to have a small recurring role (as undercover cop who looks young enough to pass for high schooler).

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 06:28 AM

[quote] Rory and Lorelai's conversations didn't seem to have that patented GG vibe/punch to them [quote]
That’s what I thought too Patrick. It might pick up, as we have seen plenty of one-sided telephone conservations by Lorelai that had the zip. But the rhythm was just missing in the dialogue here.

The new BF was apparent well before he was naked in the hall. At least one shot had him isolated in the background, with the lighting picking him out—all with Rory in the foreground. The new partner is just too obvious—the more so as Mom already hates him.
¡Time is not my master!

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 10:19 AM

[quote] I didn't like that shorter cut on Rory.
[quote] Me neither!

Did like Lorelai in glasses though. Real nice.
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Chad R

Chad R

Screenwriter

• 2,177 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 12:44 PM

I still like the show, but they've changed too many things at once. Lorelai leaving the independence inn, Rory going to college and consequently not living at home. They don't walk around Stars Hollow anymore--the town has pretty much gone to the wayside. They can change a few things gradually, but doing it all at once is a bit jarring.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 02:07 PM

I agree, considering almost nothing huge happened from 2.04-3.18...

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted October 09 2003 - 12:18 AM

I just hope that they don’t have to contrive a reason for the two to meet every week (other than the obligatory dinner). A big part of the charm of the show was the chemistry between them and how they related to the outside world. The plots will have to be forced to keep that up. It is probably a little early to judge how Stars Hollow and the residents will fit into the plots—I’ll wait and see on this.
¡Time is not my master!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users