What's new

*** Official KILL BILL VOLUME 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I think I remember reading somewhere that the fights in this movie are not wire fu like Matrix and Crouching Tiger...that the fights would be more grounded and normal like Fist of Legend. Except for the old manin the trailer...that he is the sole person with the secrets of wire fu...that would kick ass. I cant remember where i read this though.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Until I saw it in an article the other day, I didn't even realize that the fight scene with the 88 dudes is similar to the one in the Matrix Reloaded. That's when I realized the brilliance of the film I have yet to see. Uma Thurman actually fights 88 dudes. There is no CGI! Everyone is really there in that room. Just the thought of that alone makes me giddy inside. It's not really that important but in a way, it's everything the movie embodies (That I have yet to see).

P.S. Only 10 more days!!

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
Does anyone know the name of the music they use in the TV spots? The music with the horns in it. Just curious.

Corman

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Oh, btw, saw the flick.

QT fans should not be disappointed...except if they're looking for that patented Tarantino dialogue. The monologues are sparse. :frowning:

The action is plentiful. ;)

That's all I'm sayin' for now!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Tarrintino may be right on; but can't bring back the Ghost of Carson, Leno isn't that caliber of interviewer *shrug* I still miss Johnny..

Back to the subject of the thread: the more I see of Kill Bill, the more I think this film will be one that will definitely have me there opening weekend. Best thing coming out for a while, at least to me ;)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Scott - I like your reviews. I like QT's work. As you can guess, I'm pretty anxious to hear your thoughts.

When can we see your review?

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Kevin, about the 88 dudes:

BUDD
You tryin to tell me she cut her way through eighty-eight bodyguards 'fore she got to O-Ren?

BILL
No. There wasn't really eighty eight of them, they just called themselves The Crazy 88.

BUDD
Why.

BILL
I dunno, I guess they thought it sounded cool. Anyhow, she had about 26 or 27 around her when (BLEEP) attacked. They all fell under her Hanzo sword.

;)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
FYI, Kill Bill has been rated R (duh) for strong bloody violence, language, and some sexual content. It's interesting that the film just got rated, since it comes out in 8 days.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know the name of the music they use in the TV spots? The music with the horns in it. Just curious.
Corman, the title of the instrumental piece used in the promos is Battle Without Honor or Humanity by Tomoyasu Hotei. The music is brilliant and is included on the Kill Bill soundtrack which I just ordered. I got it for a shocking $0.40. I guess I had a giftcard I didn't know I had.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
This may deserve a thread of its own, but there are talks of Kill Bill creating a split between Miramax and Disney. It seems that the movie is too violent for Mouse executives:

It will be interesting to see what happens. Can Disney afford to lose Pixar and Miramax?

This comes from a Drudeg Report exclusive:
http://drudgereport.com/mattqt.htm

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
QT fans should not be disappointed...except if they're looking for that patented Tarantino dialogue. The monologues are sparse.
I don't care. I love his dialogue but it will not be missed. Not in a film like this anyway. Sometimes, his direction outshines his writing so no worries here.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Miramax has always pushed the envelope and Disney knew this before they ever teamed up. And as long as it's rated "R" by MPAA, what's Disney's problem?

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Here are links to what I believe are the "spaghetti western" trailers. I'm not sure if they've been linked before or not, and I can't link correctly because I haven't posted enough.

ww.themoviebox.net/trailers/kill-bill/kill-bill_trailer1.mov

ww.themoviebox.net/trailers/kill-bill/kill-bill_trailer2.mov

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks