What's new

What is QVC promoting?! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
I flip on the TV, and QVC is selling a JVC VCR/DVD combo. That's cool and all, but they keep harking on the fact of what they call "one wire hookup". Of course this one wire is nothing more than an RF cable. Sure it works, but DVD is gonna look like crap with that connection, let alone VHS. Even the JVC rep is promoting it. They have it hooked up to a nice flat screen JVC as well, so why promote RF. I really really loathe these guys sometimes. Next thing you know it's gonna be "wow, these DVDs FILL YOUR SCREEN".

AJG

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
When it comes to home theater gear ease of use is a hell of a lot more important to your average QVC shopper than quality.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
We have an over-the-air station here that carries the "America's Store" shopping network, and I've noticed that the projection TV they use to demonstrate stuff has a big "America's Store" logo burned-in right in the middle of it! That cracks me up- I check on this station every once in a while just to see if they're still using that TV, and laugh at the people selling electronics that they know nothing about.

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
So what's the problem? I think the manufacturers should have included RF connections right from the start. It may surprise some readers of this forum, but the vast majority of TV viewers are not like "us". They're happy with that crappy signal they get from their cable and may be going into DVD only because the local video store is cutting back on VHS tapes. Should they not be allowed to watch DVDs because their TV doesn't have A/V jacks or because they don't want spend another $20-$30 for an RF converter? I don't think so. This is just an example of an industry trying to open its market to millions of more people. Let them get their feet wet,then we can start to educate them about better picture quality, Dolby stereo, letterboxing etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks