Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

My Bluejeans Cables Experience

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Patrick Williams

Patrick Williams

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted October 06 2003 - 01:27 PM

I ordered a fairly large number of cables from Blue jeans cables for my new front projector setup. After receiving them ( only a 3 day turn around from Washington state to NY), I decided to run only 1 set of component cables to my projector, instead of the 2 I had planned to.

This involved me being stuck with a 30 foot component cable I had no use for. I called Blue Jeans cables, told them my situation, and was told I could return the cable for a full refund. Within 4 days I received a box containing a different cable I had substituted (a 3 foot component cable), as well as a refund check for the price difference.

This is truly fantastic service. I know where I'll be looking next time I need some cables.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted October 06 2003 - 03:14 PM

I did up my entire system with BJ's. Coax digital, component video, and analog audio. They were fast and professional. And the cables are of excellent build quality. One of the best values out there, IMO. If you go through their web site, they have actually done their own noise rejection measurements to decide what to recommend to people for different applications. And if I'm remembering correctly, their component video cables got a "99" rating in a previous issue of DVD Etc.
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Shane Morales

Shane Morales

Second Unit

• 428 posts

Posted October 07 2003 - 01:21 AM

I had to exchange a cable with them, too, and they were very agreeable and helpful. Great service.
:::Shane
:::nineshadoweyes.com

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   JohnMW

JohnMW

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted October 07 2003 - 10:53 AM

Kurt @ BJC definitely has a first class operation.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Erik J. B.

Erik J. B.

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted October 22 2003 - 03:42 AM

I had to exchange two component video cables after having them for more than a month (still piecing everything together slowly) because my new BDI rack didn't allow me hide the stiffer cables as well. They had no problem extending their 30 day gaurantee. Grade A IMO.
Alright people, now you heard the man and you know the drill, a$$holes and elbows. Hudson come here; come here.