What's new

Pioneer DVD Nav unit question (1 Viewer)

Rajj Nair

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Forum,
I hv a Pioneer 7" flip out head unit tied into a Pioneer receiver (brain) accepting feeds from a Pioneer navigation unit (AVIC 9DVD) and a 12 CD changer.
Though the nav functionality is flawless while displaying maps off a dvd, but while playing a DVD movie, it just keeps reading it and does not register on the screen.
What am I doing wrong?, suggestions?
Regds
Rajj

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Rajj don't wanna go off topic but I'm curious about the DVD navigation. Is it pretty quick? And how do you feed it information.. via typing or 100% voice commands?

Rajj Nair

Stunt Coordinator
No problem Scott,
I opted out of a touch screen monitor going in for a remote/voice fed input. The voice activation is pretty easy, theres a micrphone installed on the upper edge of the windscreen that picks up my voice command "home" "office" etc and redirects me.
The navigation unit has some powerful processing and is pretty quick, throws out 6-7 routes to a location depending upon your chosen variables (speed/distance/tolls/avoid routes etc).
The remote is simple to use, it has a joy stick on it which u can move over an onscreen keyboard to spell out words or over a menu driven screen. The same remote doubles up for everything (DVD player/Nav comander/CD Changer), I hvnt installed a PS2/Rear camera as some of my pals hv done but these signals pass thru the Pioneer receiver unit (brain) as well.
The newer AVIC90DVD's are a cool bunch of electronics and the latest "brains" are 5.1 and 6.1 capable.
Hope that answered ur queries......
Rajj

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Which model Pioneer DVD player do you have? And are you playing DVDs that are from a different region or anything? Have you tried resetting the unit?

I work in a retail car audio shop, and I've seen this in the Pioneers before, but try the easy stuff first. My guess is that the unit is nerfed, and probably needs to be repaired.

Rajj Nair

Stunt Coordinator
Kurt, Thanx for your points.
The Pioneer AVIC9DVD is my navigation unit which plays map off a DVD. According to the manual, it can and should pay DVD's (movies/etc) in the parking mode.
Trouble is once I pop in a Movie DVD (R1 only) it keeps scanning it and doesnt throw up an image or sound. Neither does it list out chapters etc.
I wonder if its a software glitch (upgrade / patch or something). In either case, I dont think I'll watch too many movies in my car (since the Pioneer allows it only when ur parked) :b but Im completely happy with the way its handling the Maps/Navigation :)
I did try the reset buttong (on the Nav unit / Screen / Receiver) but to no avail. Hv u seen anything else been done to rectify this?
Rajj

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks