-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Made the leap, went with Sirius

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted October 04 2003 - 05:29 PM

I spent about a week and a half evaluating each one, and took some time to listen and play and try to get a feel for it. In the end, Sirius just had the better deal for me. The total cost of the antenna, tuner & Install was less then 1/2 the cost of XM.

However, Cost wasn't really the motivating factor; in the end, some of the stations.. particularly the talk oriented ones, appealed to me and made it a keeper; Sirius's childrens programming and Broadway musical selections, which go over big with my toddlers, were also a hit.

The installation into the Ford Windstar went in so well it's mindblowing.

So far, I am completely sold. I wish they had slightly better sports packages, but neither unit really offered much in the way of live programming to my interest.. however, being able to listen to the Red Sox-A's game live through the bowels of Kansas where nothing else reaches in crystal clear audio made my day Posted Image
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#2 of 3 Jeffrey D Smith

Jeffrey D Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted October 05 2003 - 05:08 AM

Hi Chris, welcome to the fold.
As far as sports go, you have usual ESPN, Byline, and Speedvision dedicated programming as you know.

Sirius also has exclusive deals to carry all NBA games, NHL games, and MLB Baseball playoff/series games. Here's hoping something comes through on the NFL side.

I personally would like to see more world sports programming. (mainly soccer in my case) but being America, I doubt that is in the near pipeline.

Enjoy!

#3 of 3 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted October 05 2003 - 06:22 AM

Yeah, football, college & pro would be on my list, it just doesn't seem likely to happen Posted Image If just for the sunday night & monday night games Posted Image

So far, I love it Posted Image
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07