What's new

Three new Sirius Products! (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Sirius is introducing two new portable units, as well as a dedicated home unit.

First up, AudioVox has re-designed the Sirius Satellite Radio Shuttle. This one is the same size as the previous one, and will fit in the current cradles. The look is much more modern-looking, and the buttons have been refined. There are a few new features as well. An alarm clock is the most noteable. We'll see if this one fixes the heat problem that the current one has.

SRSPNP2

Secondly, for all you truck drivers out there, there is the Streamer. It has a larger screen than the SRS, and comes with a truckers antenna. It also has a clock function. It will be availble at truck stops early this month.

Streamer Pictures from Truck Show!

Lastly, Kenwood has a dedicated home unit, that looks very stylish in my opinion. This wood look nice in your home entertainment center. Has a large screen, and a serial port to connect to your computer.

DT 7000S Sirius Tuner

Jeffrey D Smith

Stunt Coordinator
The SRSPNP2 will fit the current docking kits too, so no need to upgrade everything.

Joshua, what do you mean about the "current heat problems"? I know the unit get really warm, but has there been consumer problems with this? I hadn't heard anything about it on siriusbackstage.com and it's just as warm as my delphi XM unit.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
No problems in functioning as far as I can tell, but some people were not comfortable with the heat. Nothing to be worried about, since most consumer products do tend to get hot. Maybe the new SRS will run a tad cooler though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks