Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Three new Sirius Products!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,799 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted October 03 2003 - 07:45 AM

Sirius is introducing two new portable units, as well as a dedicated home unit.

First up, AudioVox has re-designed the Sirius Satellite Radio Shuttle. This one is the same size as the previous one, and will fit in the current cradles. The look is much more modern-looking, and the buttons have been refined. There are a few new features as well. An alarm clock is the most noteable. We'll see if this one fixes the heat problem that the current one has.

SRSPNP2

Secondly, for all you truck drivers out there, there is the Streamer. It has a larger screen than the SRS, and comes with a truckers antenna. It also has a clock function. It will be availble at truck stops early this month.

Streamer Pictures from Truck Show!

Lastly, Kenwood has a dedicated home unit, that looks very stylish in my opinion. This wood look nice in your home entertainment center. Has a large screen, and a serial port to connect to your computer.

DT 7000S Sirius Tuner

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jeffrey D Smith

Jeffrey D Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted October 05 2003 - 05:24 AM

The SRSPNP2 will fit the current docking kits too, so no need to upgrade everything. Joshua, what do you mean about the "current heat problems"? I know the unit get really warm, but has there been consumer problems with this? I hadn't heard anything about it on siriusbackstage.com and it's just as warm as my delphi XM unit.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,799 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted October 05 2003 - 09:21 AM

No problems in functioning as far as I can tell, but some people were not comfortable with the heat. Nothing to be worried about, since most consumer products do tend to get hot. Maybe the new SRS will run a tad cooler though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users