-

Photo
- - - - -

Pinnacle Speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Shane K

Shane K

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted October 01 2003 - 07:04 AM

Just curious what everyone's take is on Pinnacle Speakers, specifically the Black Diamond Series. They were just reviewed in the Oct 03 Home Theater Review and scored admirably. I am looking at upgrading and am considering either these, Paradigm Monitor Series or something from Infinity. My receiver is a HK AVR 525. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Kinger

#2 of 7 Jalil

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted October 12 2003 - 11:20 AM

I'm interested in the black diamond series also.
Might be going tomorow to take a listen to the towers.

you had a chance to listen to them yet?
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony (Snatch)

"Where were you last night?, That's so long ago I don't remember."
"Will I see you tonight? I never make plans that far ahead." (Casablanca)
My DVD Collection

#3 of 7 Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter

• 1,210 posts

Posted October 13 2003 - 02:44 AM

You won't get any response about Pinnacle speakers on this forum...though they are excellent speakers and a supeb value. I've owned their old flag ship model since '96 and have no intentions of buying anything else.

Folks on this forum are like sheep - they follow each other buying only a handful of brands mainstream brands: - B&W, Paradigm, Polk, Def Tech, Etc.
"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." Muhammed Ali, (Cassius Clay)

#4 of 7 Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter

• 1,365 posts

Posted October 13 2003 - 05:45 AM

Quote:
You won't get any response about Pinnacle speakers on this forum...though they are excellent speakers and a supeb value. I've owned their old flag ship model since '96 and have no intentions of buying anything else.

Folks on this forum are like sheep - they follow each other buying only a handful of brands mainstream brands: - B&W, Paradigm, Polk, Def Tech, Etc.

Ouch Posted Image

I guess SVS is the one brand we want everyone to buy, though.

#5 of 7 Jimmy Kilgour

Jimmy Kilgour

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted October 13 2003 - 11:52 AM

I can't comment on the Black Diamond series specifically (although I read the review in HT magazine),but I have been a very satisfied Pinnacle speaker owner for about 3 years now (Aerogel towers for the front L/R,Mini-gold center and Baby Boomer sub).Their customer service is also excellent.

#6 of 7 Jason.Soko

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted October 13 2003 - 12:05 PM

Quote:

I get ridiculed everytime I speak out about them, I just keep my mouth shut now Posted Image
Cambridge Audio D500SE
SimAudio Moon I-5
Totem Acoustics Forest

#7 of 7 Heath_E

Heath_E

Stunt Coordinator

• 157 posts

Posted October 13 2003 - 12:20 PM

Def Tech definitely doesn't get much love here. I almost hate to bring up the fact that I own some. BTW, I bought them before I even knew this forum existed. Hopefully that excludes me from the "flock".:wink:

Forum Nav Content I Follow