Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing tube new technology?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Mike Darksyde

Mike Darksyde

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted September 29 2003 - 08:08 AM

I have a 32 Inch Wega (32HS20) this is a 2 year old HD Sony Wega, and the tube crapped out on it, along with the Yoke and the horizontal display. So they will be replacing the tube. My question is will I be getting a new tube with newer technology? I have heard the tubes are changing so fast and the technology is getting better and better. Will I be getting the same tube I had or has that tube been since discontinued, and I will be getting a newer model?

#2 of 4 R Benson

R Benson

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted September 29 2003 - 12:03 PM

Same Tube

#3 of 4 Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 954 posts

Posted September 29 2003 - 12:34 PM

Same tube but better quality. Replacement tubes must be adjustable by simple methods. OEM tubes have the benefit of computer aided robots for alignment at the factory so even marginal tubes can be used. Replacement tubes have to be good enough for the broadcast and professional monitors because they use the same part number.

#4 of 4 Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted September 29 2003 - 08:42 PM

what happened to know it was your tube?
i am aksing because i have purity problems and was told my tube needs to be replaced