Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Columbia House approval, whats taking so long?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted September 28 2003 - 09:37 AM

Ok, I finally decided to join the Columbia House DVD club. I did my application online. It's been a week and a half and still no approval. What is the normal time to be expected? How long before you get your DVD's after you get approved?

One reason I never joined Columbia House DVD club is because I hate waiting forever to receive my orders. But, I figured I would give it a try since they have such a low average cost for DVD's. But, I didn't think I would have to wait just to get approved. I get advertisement mailers from them just about every week, so I tought it would be easy to get approved.

Oh well, I can't help I'm just impatient.

Thanks,
Adam.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted September 29 2003 - 12:28 AM

Hi Adam. I have done about 24 CH accts since late January. A couple of weeks ago, the first half of September, acct approvals were going very fast, with most people seeing approval overnight, apply today, get your approval email the next morning. Around the 15th things seemed to have screeched to a halt at CH, and many people still have apps pending from that point. Myself, I have no open accts, 1 appl is pending from 9/19 and the other from 9/24. We can only hope this is some kind of glitch and will improve. I suggest you read through the threads at DVD Talk Forum in the CLUBS forum, for more info.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted October 01 2003 - 02:56 PM

Well, I finally got approved. It took two weeks. Now I have to decide on my fulfillment DVD's. I wonder how long it will take to actually geet my DVD'd now?

Later,
Adam