What's new

Robert Palmer Dead at 54 (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
According to the linked news story, he was 54 (not 52). Still way too young.

Lee, do you want me to change the title?

M.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Thats a f***** tradegy. I was looking forward to seeing him live next year. He was an awesome but underated talent. We've lost too many greats this year.

:frowning:

Steve Crowley

Stunt Coordinator
Very sad indeed. My favorite LP was "Sneakin Sally Through the Alley". Also George Plimpton died. Another loss to the literary community.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Steve,

You beat me to the sad Plimpton news. He was a big supporter of the musical arts as well. I met him through his work with the Inter-Schools Orchestra in NYC which donates big name conductors and instruments to talented school children to create a way for them to study at prestigious music schools. He was the emcee for the the annual concert back around 1999 (I think) that the students put on.

This was another man who lived life to the fullest and did a wide variety of interesting things from boxing to sailing with President Kennedy.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,98407,00.html

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I think the thing I liked most about Robert Palmer was that he had the testicular fortitude to be different from the rest and was able to bring class and sophistication to rock and roll. Always imppecably dressed and suave in manner ,a true gentleman. No wonder the ladies loved him so much.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
John Taylor of Duran Duran and Power Station just posted again a long appreciation of Robert Palmer's work at his website (and on Duran Duran's official website as well)....click here.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Wow, I was listing to Heavy Nova last night as I cruized the HTF... I grew up with Robert Palmer's music...sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks