What's new

Without a Trace 09/25/03 Season Premier (1 Viewer)

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
It bothered me when they asked Poppy Montgomery to surrender her gun and take time off, when Eric Close was allowed to keep his gun and keep working. Both of them shot one of the suspects, so they should have been treated the same.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I'm spoilerizing this for those who haven't watched the episode. You might want to add spoiler tags to your post as well.

I thought she shot both of the suspects, but maybe I wasn't watching closely enough.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sam did shoot both suspects.

If the show is already over on the west coast, no spoilers are required when discussing the episode, but spoilers should be used for future plot developments when possible.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Great show, and I'll be interested to see how it does in the ratings - it evidently did quite well during the summer, and who knows how many folks will be tuning into this instead of ER now?

They seem to be upgrading the guest stars a little, too - Charles Dutton was the only one I recognized last year, but this week they had Jayne Brook and Christopher MacDonald, with Hector Elizondo next week.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, I had guessed right off that the kid was lying. I didn't realize that it was going to be his mom, tho...

Jason

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Did I totally miss something? I thought last years season finale ended on a cliff hanger with the hostage situation in the book store. When did that get resolved? I was positive that was the finale, only to watch the season premier and the only reference to it was Poppy's limp from being shot.

Anyway it was a pretty solid episode as usual, nice twist at the end with the mother being in on it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Last season's finale was resolved in the last episode, but it was a 2-part season finale covering 2 weeks. You only saw the 2nd to last episode.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Last season's finale was resolved in the last episode, but it was a 2-part season finale covering 2 weeks. You only saw the 2nd to last episode.
Wonder how that slipped past me considering I watched every episode last year except that one :b. I take it everything worked out great in the end?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I believe they also repeated the second half of that two-parter last week -- so you missed it twice :)

As for ratings, it did pretty well. It didn't beat ER, but it was fairly close, maybe 26 vs. 21 share. Check thefutoncritic.com

//Ken

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
It was nice to see Jayne Brook again - I always liked her on Chicago Hope. The son was played by that kid from Hearts in Atlantis - apparently puberty doesn't agree with him.

Shea

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only one who thinks this is a MUCH better show than CSI? CSI the forensics stuff is cool, but for me there's nothing else that makes the show good. Without a Trace to me is way ahead of the pack in current shows with the exception of the Dead Zone.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Excellent episode :emoji_thumbsup:

This was one of my favorite new shows last year, along with American Dreams. Glad to see both of them actually doing well in the ratings, unlike my other fav. new show last year, "That Was Then" :b

Chris

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who thinks this is a MUCH better show than CSI?
Well, I've seldom watched CSI since that godawful pilot (and when I do, the forensics guys questioning suspects always makes me giggle), but I do agree that Without A Trace is probably one of the two best procedurals on, with L&O: Special Victims Unit being the other. Maybe it's because they're not strictly homicide, which means we get more of a chance to know the victim as well as the cops and the perps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks