Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ongoing Coupling (USA) thread (show cancelled)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 of 94 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted October 25 2003 - 12:12 PM

Have to say, I was impressed by this week's episde, the first "new" episode with a script especially written for the US broadcast. The cast seemed more comfortable with the dialogue - maybe part of the problem is them not liking dialogue written for the UK cast, duplicating their already done parts? It just seemed to work better this week than the past few. It was still a little forced at times, and definitely not upto par, but I feel it's got more hope of taking its own direction after this week's episode.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#82 of 94 OFFLINE   Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 06:56 AM

[quote] Have to say, I was impressed by this week's episde, the first "new" episode with a script especially written for the US broadcast. The cast seemed more comfortable with the dialogue - maybe part of the problem is them not liking dialogue written for the UK cast, duplicating their already done parts? It just seemed to work better this week than the past few. It was still a little forced at times, and definitely not upto par, but I feel it's got more hope of taking its own direction after this week's episode. [quote]

I think this last episode was funnier than 90% of US sitcoms. I laughed several times. Not as good as the UK show, but still worthwhile.

#83 of 94 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted October 31 2003 - 01:56 PM

From Variety:
Here's hoping we can see Rena Sofer in something new...real soon!

#84 of 94 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted October 31 2003 - 04:35 PM

Humongous massive huge mistake. The last episode, the only original one shown, showed a lot of promise and was so much better than every other episode where they tried to copy the British version. Executive idiots.

#85 of 94 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted October 31 2003 - 07:16 PM

I saw last night the NBC website listed it as "Returns in December!" Lets hope its not outright cancelled, like Thomas mentioned before... Just when they had a hang of it, they pull the plug... Do the executives even WATCH the shows? Or just the ratings? Seems like the latter...

#86 of 94 OFFLINE   Gregg Shiu

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit

• 420 posts

Posted November 01 2003 - 06:13 AM

It was just starting to get good! I agree with you, Nick, it seems like they don't really watch it, but rather their little ratings.
"-king sixty-three hundred dollar suit! COME ON!" - Gob

John 3:16My DVD CollectionMy CD Collection

#87 of 94 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,212 posts

Posted November 01 2003 - 04:47 PM

According to a couple of online sources (like E! and Variety) Coupling has been given the axe by NBC. Oh well.

http://www.variety.c....goryid=14&cs=1

http://www.eonline.c.../firstlook.html
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#88 of 94 OFFLINE   Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted November 02 2003 - 03:32 AM

I'm assuming some incompetent FOX tv execs have moved to NBC.

#89 of 94 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted November 02 2003 - 04:09 AM

No, FOX execs let their shows die a slow death through rescheduling.

#90 of 94 OFFLINE   MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted November 03 2003 - 07:21 AM

I'm not surprised. The few minutes I managed to sit through of this show were horribly acted, and seemed like a bad "Friends" rip-off.
/Mike

#91 of 94 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted November 03 2003 - 07:56 AM

This past week's Entertainment Weekly ( the one with Keanu Reeves) said that it was suspended until December, but I guess that's old news due to print lead times.
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#92 of 94 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted November 03 2003 - 08:18 AM

MickeS: Which episodes did you watch? The first few (two?) were merely remakes of episodes from the UK version. however, the last one which was written with original material was quite well-accepted. Just when it was starting to show some promising signs, they decide to pull it...

#93 of 94 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,608 posts

Posted November 03 2003 - 08:46 AM

Yeah, at some point it became radioactive. I didn't think it was great, but really -- compared to anything on ABC sitcom wise (or even Good Morning Miami), this was Emmy-level material. Why didn't they just move it to another night first?

#94 of 94 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted November 03 2003 - 12:26 PM

I read today that it was officially cancelled. And to think American Networks have not learned they are going to turn the very funny British show, The Office into an Americanized version. Sheesh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users