What's new

Worst Movies Ever Made? (1 Viewer)

RyanPC

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the "essential movies" thread sparked my interest so I was wondering, what do all of you consider the worst movies ever made?

Personally, I have to go with:

Exorcist II: The Heretic
Bloody Murder (2000)
The Blair Witch Project
Slumber Party Massacre II
Deliverance (yes, this movie sucked big time even though everyone else thinks it's brilliant. :p)
Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason X
Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
The Body Shop (aka Doctor Gore)
Beyond the Door
The Prey (1984)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation
Cheerleader Camp
Retro Puppet Master
The Howling: New Moon Rising
Child's Play 3

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to have to strongly disagree on Blair Witch. Unless that was a typo and you meant Blair Witch 2. here's my list:

Kazaam
Predator 2
Skinner (great acting in a script that didn't deserve it)

And movies that may not deserve t be on the worst list, but I liked a lot less than other people:

The Game (horrible non-payoff at the end, which is a huge no-no for thrillers)
The General's Daughter (pay-off made no sense. many characters' behavior makes no sense once you find out the truth.)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
The Blair Witch Project is one of the best movies ever made, not one of the worst. Its certainly better than the good, but a tad overrated Carrie. :p) Also, Predator 2 is excellent, and quite superior to the original in my eyes.

Now, here's my worst list:

Grim
Netherworld
Steel
Return of the Living Dead II
An American Werewolf in Paris
Millennium
Teen Wolf Too
ANY Monty Python movie
Super Mario Bros.
Jack-O
Uncle Sam
Dreamcatcher
Halloween H20
Charlie's Angels
Troll
Retro Puppet Master
FearDotCom
Children of the Living Dead
Psycho (1998)

That's just to name a few. Oh yeah, I loathe the Star Wars films as well. I'll take LOTR any day. Oh, and of course, Necronomicon: Book of the Dead. Pure awfulness! Okay, I'll stop now.

EDITED to add a few I left out.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Definitely agree with Super Mario World. And for you MST3K fans The Sidehackers, The Hellcats and The Brain That Wouldn't Die were all god-awful

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Justin_S, you hate Star Wars, but you don't even mention Troll 2? C'mon....

:)

Worst Movie ever made?

The Mangler

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Anyone that knows anything about videogames knows Resident Evil was a good movie. One of the few movies that actually did its source material justice. Outside of the terrible CGI. And both Predators were good. FAR from the worst movies ever made. At least folks were entertained. By the way P2 had much better acting and actors than the first.

anyway, the worst movie ever is:

the astronauts wife.

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I presume you mean bad as in genuinely awful rather than so bad it's perversely funny (like Plan 9 From Outer Space)?

Okay:

Shanghai Knights (and I'm a huge Jackie Chan fan)
The Avengers
Truly, Madly, Deeply
Peter's Friends
*Any* Norman Wisdom or Jerry Lewis film

and my all time hate:

Howard the Duck

If I had to choose a movie that everyone else reveres but I personally hate, then it'd have to be Wizard of Oz (personal taste only - I can fully accept others like it and I'm in a very tiny minority).

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Not even close....

MST3k is the repository of the worst feature-length films ever made.

The Creeping Terror is my vote for the worst film ever made. It's about a wall-to-wall carpet from outer space that eats middle-aged people at proms and hootenannys. There is no dialog in it, only voice-over. The monster's main "power" seems to be the ability to frighten people so much they don't run away but rather crawl into the monsters mouth.

this is very, very, closely followed by the ever-awful, Manos: The Hands of Fate. Manos is beaten in this race because it actually has dialog, occasional bits of "cinematography", and actors who, no matter how awful, attempt to act. Manos is indescribable. You just have to see it.

Last in my top three awful films of all-time is Pod People. Aliens from another world land in a remote part of Italy where everyone speaks dubbed English and consume members of a no-talent music band. While we applaud the efforts of the aliens there are some embarassing moments having to do with an annoying, psychologically-disturbed boy who befriends a baby alien who also eats people. "Andy in control now, idiot in control now, handy is whole cow, Flying high on a wire, wheels on in mire, whizzing on fire, burning rubber tires...." It STINKS!!

Got to see these in their MST3k versions. Anything else and you risk schizophrenia.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Jason, Pod People was actually a Spanish movie, not Italian.

And Resident Evil didn't do its material justice. Whiel the zombies were cool, which is important in a zombie movie, the whole computer thing certainly doesn't come from Resident Evil and the score was of an entirely different type. The main thing that bothered me about the movie was somethign entirely outside the games though in that it didn't know how to make its characters last. It killed almost everyoen abotu 15 minutes into the movie, leavbing them with only about 3 characters they were allowed to still kill. So there were huge stretches when they couldn't kill anyone. It's like the filmmakers sprinted and got winded. I wouldn't put on my worst movie list, but it could have been a lot better. Also, the acting was too good.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
The Creeping Terror is my vote for the worst film ever made. It's about a wall-to-wall carpet from outer space that eats middle-aged people at proms and hootenannys. There is no dialog in it, only voice-over. The monster's main "power" seems to be the ability to frighten people so much they don't run away but rather crawl into the monsters mouth.
I want to see that. SOunds funny.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Is this 'movies I hate' or 'worst movies ever made'? There is a difference.
Listing 'Deliverance' as one of the worst films ever made is pointless since the general consensus amongst movie buffs is that it's a great movie.

Some of the worst movies ever in my opinion are..

Jaws the Revenge
Superman IV
King Kong Lives!
Alan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold
Blair Witch Project
Friday the 13th I-IX
Halloween IV-VIII
The Avengers
Battlefield Earth
Mission Impossible II
Dreamcatcher

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF PIPPI LONGSTOCKING
PANDEMONIUM
SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEART'S CLUB BAND
HOME ALONE (Any of them)
TWIN SITTERS
GREASE
THE GRINCH

Last but certainly not least:

CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC

I actually enjoy this film quite a bit, but not in any way that the filmmakers intended.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Well Troll 2 is by far the worst movie ever, IMHO. Here's my list from the YMDB:

1. Troll 2 (1990) Buy
2. Batman & Robin (1997) Buy
3. Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 (2000) Buy
4. Manos, the Hands of Fate (1966) Buy
5. Dahmer (2002) Buy
6. Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984) Buy
7. Darkness Falls (2003) Buy
8. Wishmaster 3: Beyond the Gates of Hell (2001) Buy
9. Eye of the Beholder (1999) Buy
10. Fantastic Four, The (1994) Buy
11. Squartatore di New York, Lo (1982) Buy
12. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997) Buy
13. Batman Forever (1995) Buy
14. Pieces (1981) Buy
15. Descanse en piezas (1987) Buy
16. Welcome Home Brother Charles (1975) Buy
17. RoboCop 3 (1993) Buy
18. Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 (2000)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
"Alan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold"

I actually preferred this one to the original, which seemed like a TEMPLE OF DOOM ripoff to me.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Let me sum it up for you, Nick: it's about a rampaging laundry machine.

The sheer mechanics of how that works is mind-boggling.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I didn't even realise it was made by Tobe Hooper, from Leatherface to Possessed Laundry Machine. Does it get any lower? I'm definitely watching it now.

Looking at your Worst 20 list, you have 6 films I actually think are excellent and a few guilty pleasures. Maybe I will end up liking this.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
Armageddon. I bloody HATE that movie. The MTV style editing, the overall lack of intelligence, the flag waving jingonism, the song that played on the radio for months afterwards... Horrible movie. It's about as politically correct as racism.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks