Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Real World Seasons 2 & 3 on DVD - any plans?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted September 23 2003 - 06:29 AM

Has there been any word on when we will see the complete second and third seasons of The Real World on DVD from Paramount Home Video? After all of these "extras" DVDs, followed by the season sets of the first season (New York) and one of the recent seasons (Las Vegas), it's got me wondering when we'll see both of the California seasons (Season 2: LA, Season 3: San Francisco), since those two were equally strong seasons as well. Of course, the problems with the first season set stemmed from the whole issue of music licensing, which is why they had a non-descript instrumental score over every episode, and from the fact that each episode was not preserved in the original format in which they were shown on TV (footage from each episode had been deleted for the DVDs). I'm thinking at least three discs per season should fit the bill, as long as they have some good extras included in each set. And for the third season set, they would have to include the follow-up special tribute to Pedro Zamora, who died at the end of the third season from AIDS. Let's bring 'em on, Paramount!
"I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise."

"Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week."

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted September 23 2003 - 07:25 AM

I did not buy either Las Vegas nor New York. I'm only interested in San Francisco. I really hope they release series 3 on DVD.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted September 24 2003 - 12:20 AM

I'd also like to see them pick up from Season 2. After releasing Las Vegas though, they could be concentrating on Paris before revisiting S2.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted September 24 2003 - 04:37 AM

The possible problem I see with Season 2 is the fact that several times during the season, Jon Brennan would perform live versions of established songs, most notably Brooks and Dunn's "Boot Scoot Boogie" and Alan Jackson's "Here in the Real World". Would a series that allows one of its cast members to perform someone else's songs fall under the constraints of licensing fees? As for Season 3, there's the concern of Mohammed Bilal's group Midnight Voices performing some of its music at a concert in one or two episodes. Since it's his music and not someone else's, would that be included or excluded in the music licensing fees? I hope that when they do get around to releasing Seasons 2 and 3, that they keep the content of the episodes maintained as they were in the original broadcasts with no footage deleted for the DVD releases.
"I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise."

"Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week."

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted September 24 2003 - 04:57 AM

If they do get released, it probably will have all content, just not the original music.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted September 24 2003 - 08:32 AM

These were live performances, so I don't see how they could replace them.
My Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users