What's new

With Tony Shalhoub winning emmy, can "Monk - season 1" be far behind? (1 Viewer)

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
When Universal released the pilots of Monk, L&O-SVU, and L&O-CI all on the same day, and then released full season sets of only L&O-SVU and L&O-CI, but not Monk, I thought Monk - season 1 was dead in the water. However, now that it has won an Emmy, how can Universal NOT release the season set?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I thought the same thing when Tony was called up on-stage to accept the Emmy. Even said so to my wife.

We'll see what happens, but Universal's probably not about to miss an opportunity like this. ;)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, you would hope that this would help drive some committment in the show. I'd be happy to add it to my selective collection of superb television series.

CarlosL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
Does anyone happen to have a transcript of Tony Shalhoub's Emmy acceptance speech? I heard it was quite heartfelt and dedicated to the memory of his nehpew. I'd love to read or hear what he said. Thank you so much!

-- Carlos

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
The date mentioned in Dave's letter is very close to the date when ABC starts repeats of season 2 to replace one of the failing shows. Also season 3 starts new episoded in Jan. So this date certainly seems like a strong possibility.
Best
Greg

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Will the pilot be included in the season set? I held off on buying the pilot DVD, because I assumed there would be a season set. I hope they don't make us buy it separatley.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Anyone have an update on this?

(The pilot episode was repeated in the UK today, and I tuned in after all the positive comments I'd heard about the show!)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No. This has disappeared from the Monk homepage...and apparently fallen off the face of the earth. I don't know what's going on with it. :frowning:

Imbi

Agent
How does everyone like the Season 2?

I think Mr. Monk and the Three Pies has been the by far the best episode so far!

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I really want to have this show on DVD. I can't imagine what they are waiting for.

As far as the second season, I have really enjoyed just about every episode. My two gripes is the way USA is marketing the second half of season two as "a new season", and the horrible Randy Newman opening theme.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Finally - IT'S COMING!

June 15 - release date.
Extras:
* Mr. Monk and His Origins
* Mr. Monk and His O.C.D.
* Mr. Monk and His Fellow Sufferers
* Mr. Monk and His Emmy Award Winning Performance
* Mr. Monk and His Partners in Crime
* Special Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel (Limited Time Only) :laugh:

Click on the link for cover art and menu shots.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Will this set include the previously-released pilot episode, or will I have to buy that separately?
I would speculate that it does... the above link says the running time is 9hr 23 minutes. That's 563 minutes, 13 episodes in the 1st season (if you count "Mr. Monk and the Candidate" as a two parter).

563/13 = 43:30 per ep which is about right for a 1hr show sans commercials.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks