Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

DVI connections

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Brooks

Brooks

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted September 20 2003 - 07:10 AM

Not sure if this thread should go here or in "construction" but here goes. I'm finishing building a dedicated HT room and am ready to put the ceiling up. I have a front projector for the display so now is the time to run all cables in the ceiling to its mount. I have composite, component and S-video run to it. Any one willing to gaze into their crystal ball and tell me if it's worth running a DVI cable given that none of my equipment, projector included, currently has a DVI? I'm happy enough with my projector that it would take a MAJOR change in the price / quality equation for me to want to upgrade it. On the other hand, given the thousands of dollars and hours of time sunk into this project leaving out a $150 or so cable may look penny wise and pound foolish in 5 years. I just don't know. your opinions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users