What's new

David Blaine's 44 Day Starvation Stunt (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

US illusionist/nutcase David Blaine's latest stunt is to starve himself for 44 days in a glass box hanging next to Tower Bridge, London. With only water to keep him going. It's been two weeks now and well we Brits ain't having any more of this shit, yobs have been pelting his 'cage' with eggs and sausages and whatever. One guy even climbed up and tried to cut the chain holding the box up!:D
Anyway yesterday Paul McCartney decided to pay him a visit...

"Sir Paul McCartney had a four-letter bust-up yesterday — after taking pals to see David Blaine dangling in his box.

The ex-Beatle FLIPPED at a photographer taking his picture, PUSHED him in the chest and LET RIP with a four-letter torrent at bystanders.

Macca, 61, ranted at the snapper: “Listen mate, I’ve come to see this stupid c*** and you are not going to take a picture of me tonight.”

The foul-mouthed superstar was with a group of pals in the early hours after a night out in London.

He told a fan who asked to shake his hand: “F*** off. I am not shaking your hand. I am a pedestrian on a private visit.”

As he stormed off in a rage Macca blamed a member of his entourage for tipping off the cameraman, screaming: “You are bang out of order — you are fired."

:laugh:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003432809,00.html

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I did have a fantasy that the guy cutting the cable succeeded just as Paul McCartney was standing directly under the cage.

You're right, I'm sick.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Is that because of a dislike of McCartney Mr. Markworthy or just because you fancy your chances with Heather?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
What exactly is the point of this stunt?
Isn't this the same guy who was encased in a block of ice for a few weeks?
Six weeks without food? Is that possible? Maybe he just wanted to lose some weight. A bit extreme though. Rumors are he has a bunch of girlie mags in his box, keep boredom at bay, probably made of edible paper too... mmmm edible girlie mags... hey, very good idea that... should go down well... must patent it... ;)

Blu

Screenwriter
I don't understand why they are being so mean/rude to this man. I mean I laughed at some of the inventive things they were doing with the helicopter and all but still, exactly why do they feel a need to torture this man?

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Why all this vitriol for David Blaine? It's one thing not to be interested but when a knight of the realm goes ballistic over a TV stunt one has to wonder, 'have they nothing better to do with their time?'

Has he been a media bad boy? Molested children and nuns? Dated a Spice Girl?

I think the comparison to Bobby Sands in that bit was in poor taste but it's nothing compared to the outright anger he seems to be generating. If his "bird" says they were never treated like that in America it's because nobody here gave a damn. Just how does such a stunt offend people in the UK? I think it's stupid myself but if he wants to do it then so what?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Just how does such a stunt offend people in the UK? I think it's stupid myself but if he wants to do it then so what?
Well I suppose it depends on the stunt itself, if Blaine had made Buckingham Palace suddenly vanish, than the Brits will probably cheer instead of jeer. ;)

The moral of the tale seems to be: Blaine can do any silly stunt he wants as long as the Great British Public don't get wind of it, than it's 'lets all go throw sausages at that silly bugger' time.:)

ps.The rumors that Sir Paul McCartney had eggs in his pockets when he went to see Blaine is unsubstantiated.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Blaine's reps asked the Guinness Book of Records to look into his latest stunt, but Guinness declined as they no longer record or encourage records that involve voluntary starvation.

However, if they did Blaine wouldn't even be close. He's going for 44 days, but the current record for fasting is 385 days by a British prisoner on a hunger strike. The record for the longest period of total isolation is 141 days held by an American who was buried in a box two metres below ground.

Besides, Blaine is the Anti-Christ. He and his Blainist followers must be stopped. Where are the Super Fun Friends when you need them?

Adam

(yeah, I watch way, WAY too much South Park. :))

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I find the more boorish responses of my fellow Brits rather depressing, but not surprising. Brits have a tendency to react badly to anyone who does 'look at me! I want to be the centre of attention' activities. And when it's for something that's essentially pointless, then the critical floodgates open.

wally

Second Unit
Just how does such a stunt offend people in the UK? I think it's stupid myself but if he wants to do it then so what?
For one thing, he was tying up traffic on Tower Bridge something awful during my visit, 9/5-9/13. I’d be a little teed if some wing nut was making my already tedious London travel tediouser.

The several days I walked past, at the start of all this, the atmosphere seemed more like a good natured, curious gathering. It was getting more combative toward the end of the week.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Somebody should put something sweet and sticky in a super soaker and coat the outside of the glass. Then the bees and insects will do the rest... that would be funny...

Jay

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
The greatest trick David Blaine ever pulled was getting into Josie Maran's knickers.

That's underwear for you non-Brit folks. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread