What's new

The Amazing Race 5 a go.... (1 Viewer)

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
From ComingSoon.net

The Amazing Race 5 Gets the Green Light
Source: Variety
Monday, September 15, 2003

CBS has given executive producers Bertram van Munster and Jerry Bruckheimer the green light to begin casting for a fifth installment of the Emmy-nominated reality hit The Amazing Race.

The network traditionally lets its reality producers begin casting only when there's a solid shot of a pickup or renewal, particularly when it comes to existing franchises.

The Amazing Race 4, hosted by Phil Keoghan, was a solid Nielsen performer for CBS this summer in a difficult 8 p.m. Thursday slot, building ratings momentum as its season went along.

Thank you God. I can't believe I got hooked on this show so late in the game. Glad it's getting another shot.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Great news Jeff! Just went to CBS.com and application is already up. Hopefully, it will air sooner rather than later.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Oh OK, I pick either the virgins or the gay couple:)

Just getting in early.

Brent

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, for TAR, wouldn't that involve having to have (during the opening episode) something like 15 HD rigs running around?

Oh, and I'll take the brothers.

Alex S

Second Unit
Why haven't they made the past shows on DVD ?

They're much more interesting than Survivor and that's on DVD.

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator
HELL YEAH!

Now we need DVD releases!

Teams I'd like to see:
Father/Daughter
Mother/Son
Twin sisters
Two mimes
WNBA Husbands

I just want more variety. Maybe make all of the teams coed or something. Just no more Alpha-Male teams, please!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Teams I'd like to see:
I know at one point, one of the producers said they would like to have a grandfather/grandson team. Five years ago, I probably would have been able to convince my grandfather to do it, but not now. Still, there must be a good early-20s/mid-60s team out there.

All-coed would be a good idea, but then I'd add a rule that one person can't do, say, three Roadblocks in a row. Actually, I'd like that rule anyway. That way, a basically parasitic teammate (let's call her "Flo") probably won't walk off with half a million dollars. It would also add an element of strategy to even non-elimination rounds.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
All-coed would be a good idea, but then I'd add a rule that one person can't do, say, three Roadblocks in a row
I like that Jason, coed team or not. It would be a good little twist to add to make the teams strategize a little more before using the same person at each roadblock.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Great news.

> I just want more variety. Maybe make all of the teams coed or something.

That would be LESS variety if they had to be the same.

How about Siamese twins?

I'm betting on the gay, virgin hairdressers who date NFL players & moonlight as clowns.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I want Team F-Bomb on the next TAR

I'm not sure a flatulent team would be very popular, with all that farting around.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Sounds like TAR5 is going to air in the summer again according to today's New York Post:

THE surprise Emmy win for "The Amazing Race" last Sunday night has pushed CBS to bring it back again next summer.

At the award show, executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer complained to reporters that he was still awaiting the go-ahead for season five.

Late last week, TV Guide says, Bruckheimer said that CBS had finally given him the greenlight for another season.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
TARflies Times has an interview with Elise Dognaieri, a co-creator and producer of TAR. The entire interview is very interesting but here's what everyone really wants to know:

One final question. What are the chances for a show DVD?

I would love to do that. It’s up to the CBS marketing department. I’d say, let’s do it. I know people are asking for it. It’s something I can bring up to CBS and I can talk to the executive producer about that.

A chance to expand on the show. You said you’ve sometimes you felt limited on storytelling.

It’d be fun to show some outtakes. Or just silly things that happened to us behind the scenes like missing a plane. There are so many things that go on in the month that we’re racing around the world. The people being so exhausted, being cranky and not eating. There’s some really funny stuff. That would be great. I wouldn’t mind showing it.

Take pride in your work…

There’s a whole other race behind the scenes, trust me.
This just confirms that there's so much material begging to be on a DVD release and that the producers (at least one of them) are even excited about it. Maybe they'll do something when TAR5 airs like Big Brother did by releasing BB3 on DVD when BB4 aired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks