What's new

general newbie questions (1 Viewer)

DavidSeyba

Grip
I have a Yamaha RX-V530 and a 5.1 Klipsch Referance R*-35 speakers.

1) When I use the 'test' button, I made all of the volumes equal and I made sure the speakers are all equally distanced from me and the TV. But, the tones of the speakers are different. The rear right sounds different than the rear left, and the rears sound different than the fronts. Whats up?

2) How can I make sure that these modes are being used for these devices:
a) Whats the best dolby mode to use for cable television? How do I use it?
b) Whats the best dolby mode for a playstation 2 and how do I use it? I use a digital optical cable.
c) Same question for a DVD player, I have a pansonic XP-30, connected with a digital optical cable.

3) I have my computer (audigy 2 soundcard) connected to my receiver's 6 channel input. I get sound from all 5 speakers except my subwoofer produces no bass. It produces bass in anything except 6 channel input. Whats wrong?

BrentPollard

Second Unit
1) setting all speaker levels to the same won't necessarily make them sound equal as you can tell. You will need to use a sound pressure level meter. then run the test tones .
2a) DPL II
2b) DPL II, the PS2 games do not do DD 5.1 except during cut scenes.
2c) Make sure that in the DVD player menu that you have optical out turned on, also turn on the DTS option if available. The machine will take care of the rest..
3) I have to home theater PC experience. Scroll down to the HTPC computer forum.;)

DavidSeyba

Grip
I really need to know how I can make sure that each device is using the correct dolby mode - I wanted to know how exactly to set it so it'll use the mode, and how I can tell that it is correctly using it.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Ok, you must go into your receivers menu and set the corresponding input to DPL II. This also applies to the PS2, as the games, not the machine are stereo, that is why it can be used for DVD playback and you will get 5.1 thru the optical. In a nutshell say your PS2 is connected to video 2 on the receiver, simply find the Video 2 input in the menu set that to DPL II.;)
How's that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks