Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Another butchery - Felicity Season 2 Music Changed!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Henry Colonna

Henry Colonna

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted September 14 2003 - 12:53 AM

Apparently to save money the "pop music" has been changed to either music from the parent company or not well known (and therefore not expensive) music. This is such a butchery, based on some searching it seems to have slipped under you guys' radar. Anyone know about season 3?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Greg Madsen

Greg Madsen

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted September 14 2003 - 04:10 AM

It didn't slip under anyone's radar. It is pretty much a well known fact. Especially since they changed the music in season one as well. I would expect the same for season 3 as well. The episodes are the same as the ones currently being broadcast on WE. It isn't a good thing but if it is the only way they will release the series then I'll take what I can get.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted September 14 2003 - 09:13 AM

They were changed for syndication/video release.

Frankly, it's the only way it was going to get released. It sucks, but would you rather not have the show at all?

On the first season they mention that they had enough for episodes 1 and 22, but everything else was changed. Personally, I'd rather see different music, and they weren't going to pump money into the set considering it's only going to be a moderate seller.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted September 14 2003 - 12:37 PM

Also, the new music was chosen by the same guys who chose the old music, and it usually works quite well.
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted September 14 2003 - 02:54 PM

JJ Abrams does Felicity and ALIAS and has an ability to pick good music. I'm sure if what he picked first isn't available, the stuff he replaced it with is just as good. Maybe there are some places where he even felt the new music was better....we don't know. Posted Image